Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unicable tune fail error

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc11 View Post
    were do i find the systemInfo.py file please
    Ignore that, I was just querying something which turned out to be irrelevant.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry no luck same issues
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Gigablue LNB Unicable SCR 2 legacy 5.4 (release)
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    @thedoc11
    Please post a screenshot of a the following page on your Gigablue:
    Menu > Information > Devices

Secondly, if you still have your Solo2, can you hook that up to the Unicable LNB, exactly as you did in your diagram. You will only be able to set tuner A & B. Do both these tuners work fine? Experiment with changing the preferred tuner, put box into standby, then wake up box. This will rule out the LNB.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There was another thread a while ago, a different LNB, but the cable tuner problem is also mentioned.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ith-a-quad-LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    @thedoc11
    Please post a screenshot of a the following page on your Gigablue:
    Menu > Information > Devices

Secondly, if you still have your Solo2, can you hook that up to the Unicable LNB, exactly as you did in your diagram. You will only be able to set tuner A & B. Do both these tuners work fine? Experiment with changing the preferred tuner, put box into standby, then wake up box. This will rule out the LNB.
    Ok so it looks like my LNB is working correctly as my sony TV has the capability to utilise unicable and it is finding channels fine and working as it should do so that irons out the lab is that correct ?

i may try and re flash and not restore settings and try from scratch and see what happens will get back you in due course
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Unicable tune fail error

Ok so it looks like my LNB is working correctly as my sony TV has the capability to utilise unicable and it is finding channels fine and working as it should so does that irons out the LNB is that correct ?

I may try and re flash and not restore settings and try from scratch and see what happens will get back to you in due course
    still no luck and the channels didn't store on the tv, lost the signal so looks like the LNB and cabling needs checking.
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 04-01-21 at 20:27.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (04-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm new to Unicable but would expect that if you have tried the Unicable cable feed directly from LNB (not the other legacy cable feeds) to your Sony TV and it worked then that would rule out that specific cable and F connector.

Have you tried Unicable cable from LNB directly to Gigablue box (without splitter) into Tuner A without setting up additional tuners and does this work, albeit limited on tuners that can be used? Also have you tried the same thing directly into Tuner B and not A and is that same?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I'm new to Unicable but would expect that if you have tried the Unicable cable feed directly from LNB (not the other legacy cable feeds) to your Sony TV and it worked then that would rule out that specific cable and F connector.

Have you tried Unicable cable from LNB directly to Gigablue box (without splitter) into Tuner A without setting up additional tuners and does this work, albeit limited on tuners that can be used? Also have you tried the same thing directly into Tuner B and not A and is that same?
    Yes I have tried everything and the LNB is at fault it seems i need to get an engineer out to take a look

thank you to everyone for the help in trouble shooting
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Before you spend money on a call out charge...
    Which dish is the LNB installed on?
    Who installed the LNB?
    Are you testing the same services to hit the error?

I presume you have the legacy ports still connected. Perform a manual scan, single satellite, (do not enable network scan). How many services do you find? Do not use plugins like ABM for this test.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (05-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Before you spend money on a call out charge...
    Which dish is the LNB installed on?
    Who installed the LNB?
    Are you testing the same services to hit the error?

I presume you have the legacy ports still connected. Perform a manual scan, single satellite, (do not enable network scan). How many services do you find? Do not use plugins like ABM for this test.
    Legacy is still connected
    manual scan I get 0 channels downloaded
    ABM was not used
    Am using a zone 2 60cm mesh dish
    Installed by an approved installer

I took your advise not to get anyone out just yet,
    1. i got on a ladder and clipped off the old connector, and put on a brand new compression fitting on.
    2. Tested the system and i got exactly the same issue.
    3. Clipped off the other end off the cable attached to the unicable and fitted a new compression fitting and attached this to the input of the power splitter
    4. got some new shotgun cable and made a brand new cable up from the power pass splitter to the tuner
    5. Connected one to the TUNER A and One to TUNER B
    6. powered up the STB and the channels came on immediately.
    7. placed the STB into standby for 5 mins and the Channels appeared immediately
    8. Left the STB powered down for 15mins Approx and then powered up the Channels came on Immediately

Just tried to change the channels and am back at square one no channels not displaying again

Since writing the above all my channels are back again
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Checking/re-terminating the cables is a good start. Fault finding needs to be methodical and systematic and limit the variables. Can we leave out the unicable for time being and just use the legacy connections?

A screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices is still pending to remove the query about which tuner modules you have.

The services/channels being tested need to remain constant as far as possible.
    Once you have the the legacy connections set hooked up and tuners configured correctly, can you please conduct the following two tests.
    A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
    A manual scan, Tuner B, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 08-01-21 at 19:39. Reason: Correct tuner letter error

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Legacy is still connected
    manual scan I get 0 channels downloaded
    ABM was not used
    Am using a zone 2 60cm mesh dish
    Installed by an approved installer

I took your advise not to get anyone out just yet,
    1. i got on a ladder and clipped off the old connector, and put on a brand new compression fitting on.
    2. Tested the system and i got exactly the same issue.
    3. Clipped off the other end off the cable attached to the unicable and fitted a new compression fitting and attached this to the input of the power splitter
    4. got some new shotgun cable and made a brand new cable up from the power pass splitter to the tuner
    5. Connected one to the TUNER A and One to TUNER B
    6. powered up the STB and the channels came on immediately.
    7. placed the STB into standby for 5 mins and the Channels appeared immediately
    8. Left the STB powered down for 15mins Approx and then powered up the Channels came on Immediately

Just tried to change the channels and am back at square one no channels not displaying again

Since writing the above all my channels are back again
    Completed a full automatic scan and got 893 channels scanned

What I have noticed if I do a cold boot after a long period then boot I seems to have to wait for it to come back about 10mins or so not sure if this is normal I get a tune fail error will keep and Eye on this and report back team.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Checking/re-terminating the cables is a good start. Fault finding needs to be methodical and systematic and limit the variables. Can we leave out the unicable for time being and just use the legacy connections?

A screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices is still pending to remove the query about which tuner modules you have.

The services/channels being tested need to remain constant as far as possible.
    Once you have the the legacy connections set hooked up and tuners configured correctly, can you please conduct the following two tests.
    A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
    yes will get this doe asap wife's watching tv now but yes for sure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thedoc11; 06-01-21 at 19:08.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the screenshot. Whichever tuner was used in last scan is OK. Automatic scan has very little control. Please try manual scan. That way you can select tuner to use as well as type of scan.

As we are solely using Legacy connections now, the unicable tune failed/power issue is not part of the equation. On occasion, I find that a tune failed message that is latched is eradicated by selecting a service on Terrestrial then back to satellite. I haven't found a recipe/method to trigger it all the time, but there is a bug thread a a few years old with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, do you still have the solo 2 available? No need to do anything with it just yet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast