Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Passive 3D, Anyone here got one? Reviews and Experience?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    I took delivery of an LG 55LW550 yesterday and must say 1st impressions are fan bloody tastic!!!
    This TV replaces a Sammy PS50A556 for me and I must say(yeah I know its a 3 y.o set) but it blows it completely out of the water!
    The Black levels are excellent.
    I have experienced no clouding or banding(as yet....but at this stage if I do, I think it will be due to source)
    I have very slight light leakeage in the corners of the screen,Only on a completely black screen though (But I haven't tweaked backlight settings as of yet)
    I watched some SKY 3D along with MvA and some converted 3D and hands down easily the best, most comfortable 3D I've used in a Domestic setting.(and excellent in 55'' :P)
    The scan lines(From the passive FPR method) become visible from @ 4and a half feet....But its not like alternating black lines....More like the lines on a CRT display.
    Motion seems to be handled well, that said I will have a better opinion after the footie today Only Sport I've watched so far is golf In which the ball tracked well with no blurring/streaking.
    Any questions lads fire away if I can answer them I will.

PS
    The transparent lip on the Bezel is a lovely touch...I backlight(bias/ambience) my TV with an Apollo LED kit and it gives a lovely glowy effect all around the bezel....Looks sweet

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banie01 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-05-11),notanotherone (07-05-11),pooface (07-05-11)