Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to watch/record more than two channels again

Title
    Thanks
    I've attached my settings file. I notice that the 19.2 lines are still there even after completely deleting the tuner config using the steps above. I have never selected the 19.2 satellite, only the 28.2E Astra one in the tuner set up. Perhaps a bug in the tuner setup screen adding some kind of default? Suspect 19.2 is the first in the available list and is being added erroneously?
    This doesn't seem to be the cause of my original issue though, as I can now again record multiple channels.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 6,245 Posts
    Thanks. It seems 23.5E has been added to your receiver too I was just reading your previous thread, can you please post/upload pictures/details of your LNB again. Your previous thread says you had a universal LNB. In this thread you have a unicable LNB. The model you set only supports 4 frequencies, is this correct? I would like to get this correct for you.

I attach a preliminary version configured for unicable using Durasat uk101.

Using Putty/terminal issue "init 4" command. Ensure that enigma2 has stopped
    Using FTP program such as Filezilla, transfer unzipped file to /etc/enigma2
    Once File transfer has completed, restart receiver with Putty using following command "init 4".

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help. Here's a picture of my LNB.
    IMG_20221202_150857.jpgIMG_20221202_150849.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchelln For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (14-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Simple post:

I attach a version configured for a Sky quad LNB.

Once File transfer has completed, restart receiver with Putty using the following command "init 4".

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you, I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes.

Title
    Thanks
    Explanatory/detailed post:

You have a Sky squad LNB. This is just universal LNBs in one unit. The correct tuner configuration for a tuner with that LNB is: Simple, single 28.2 Press Green to save. It should look like this:

tuner a simple single 28.2.jpg

The tuner overview should look like this (this was posted earlier by bmitie)

tuners_overview.jpg

Once you have to done the transferring, please confirm tuners look as pictured. Please go to Backup manager and create a new settings backup
    Blue > Vix > Backup Manager > Green (new backup)

Then delete all the older backups so that in future, you do not inadvertently restore one with wrong details.
    Blue > Vix > Backup Manager > Red (Delete)

If you want to do the deletion by FTP, the setting backups are in
    /media/hdd/backup

As information only, as you should not be manually editing files, the entries in the settings file for a universal LNB should be:
    config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
    config.Nims.1.diseqcA=282

Can I retitle your thread to "Duo 4K SE with Sky quad LNB"?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bmitie (14-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Simple post:

I attach a version configured for a Sky quad LNB.

Once File transfer has completed, restart receiver with Putty using the following command "init 4".
    I'm afraid this settings file did not work at all. I get no signal. Running an automatic Service scan doesn't return any channels. I reverted to the previous settings files and it works again. The Tuner set up screen does look like the screenshot above.
    Last edited by mitchelln; 14-05-24 at 12:07.

Title
    Thanks
    As a follow on I just noticed that ABM section for SKY UK and SKY ROI has disappeared since last night and all I did was change the DTT tuners transmitter but a reboot brought it back and this is on openvix 6.4.

Willo has the right idea but never ever done it before. I cant access duo4kse as tv dead.

Updating to a newer version is no longer easy peasy.

Just saw pic of LNB looks very big for an ordinary universal, has it got a unicable output as well and do you know the brand?
    Last edited by bmitie; 14-05-24 at 12:24.

Title
    Thanks
    @mitchellin,
    Forget the file I uploaded and set the tuners yourself properly. Can you confirm that you have signal wires to both tuners? Did you test both tuners individually using signal finder? You have to check several transponders not just one.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    Updating to a newer version is no longer easy peasy.
    Are you seriously suggesting that flashing a newer image and then restoring the settings file added 19.2 and 23.5 to his settings? The OP had the same issue before the latest image.
    You seem to dissuade people from using latest image on other forums. This is unhelpful. You are better off in assisting in getting logs and methods to replicate issue so that issues can be addressed.

Please start your own thread for your ABM issue. ABM will only present the providers for which you have configured tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    @mitchellin,
    Forget the file I uploaded and set the tuners yourself properly. Can you confirm that you have signal wires to both tuners? Did you test both tuners individually using signal finder? You have to check several transponders not just one.
    Yes, I had completely deleted the tuner config and set it up from scratch from the Tuner Setup menu two days ago. This got the multiple recording working again, but it does have the erroneous 19.2 lines in the settings. However, this does not seem to stop it working.
    I think the Tuner setup screen has some sort of bug which is generating dud config lines.

Also now got this dream EPG issue with the receiver throwing 500 errors (I've created another thread for this) . Pretty fed up now. Just as well I'm Linux savvy, or I'd be seriously stuffed.

Title
    Thanks
    I just set up the tuners and there were no 19.2 entries. The default is 19.2 as the original Enigma coders were in Germany. If you confirm on any setting, they will be saved. Doesn't explain how you got 23.5 on there either.

Can you please test both tuners using signal finder.

Title
    Thanks
    I just set up the tuners and there were no 19.2 entries. The default is 19.2 as the original Enigma coders were in Germany. If you confirm on any setting, they will be saved. Doesn't explain how you got 23.5 on there either.

Can you please test both tuners using signal finder.
    I didn't choose 19.2 anywhere. I don't think I even ever seen it presented anywhere in the screens. I have only ever selected 28.2E Astra, which is working. I'm getting a strong signal on 11426 V 29500 8/9

Title
    Thanks
    Please check both tuners, not just one. Try a few transponders so you try vertical, horizontal, low, high. Another test is to perform a manual scan, single satellite. You should get over 800 channels if there are no issues. You would have to do that on both tuners too.

I have made the 19.2 mistake myself a few times as it lands on it and you can easily confirm it. You are adamant you didn't do it, so lets leave it that. BTW, if in signal finder or any other scanning applets, you can select other satellites apart from 28.2, your tuners are set incorrectly.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, yes I did the signal finder with both tuners. They both have a good signal for 28.2E. I have the full set of channels available as previously, so all good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast