Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Does the IR sensor actually work= how to connect?

Title
    Thanks

Does the IR sensor actually work= how to connect?

This has me baffled. Next door neighbour was well impressed with my uno 4kse and noticed I had the IR sensor gizmo on my desk BUT it has a jack connection and I cant see any in put for a jack on the box. The manual says IR/RS232||

Am I blind?? Help

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Hi,
    if you have a Uno 4K SE it should look like https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4...4K-SE-back.png you might see a connector which looks a bit like ethernet.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

bmitie (08-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    I can see that but how do I plug jack in,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,163 Times in 6,238 Posts
    Surely you just clip it in if it is one for the receiver?

Are you indirectly saying that you bought a sensor that I was designed for another receiver and want to use it on the Vu? Please post a picture of the end. If it is a non-Vu sensor, you will have to cut off the end and reterminate it using the correct adapter. I a pretty sure it is an RJ11 connector. Or cut an unused phone lead and twist wires together.

Title
    Thanks
    Its as above and I think its either a mistake or one can buy an adapter. Here is the pic and its no big deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,163 Times in 6,238 Posts
    I don't know if you will get an adapter. You might have to adapt the end. I did for the serial cable. Hopefully someone in the know will respond with a more useful post.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 886 Posts
    You need to research the cable termination (pinout layout) for the box. Get an RJ11 (telephone cable) as Abu suggested and splice the existing IR receiver into it or swap for the correct model.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (09-05-24)