Quote Originally Posted by gedwal View Post
OK, thanks for reading the thread. I'll try and explain further. I recently purchased the previously mentioned Hisense TV. I have also just cancelled Sky Q and decided to purchase satellite receiver. Because these take a bit of setting up I thought I would connect an aerial lead to the TV and make sure It works as a backup to the receiver. Every thing was fine but now having done that if I Prees the Freeview Play app on the remote it trying to access Freeview through the aerial rather ad an Internet service. Having removed the aerial lead I expected Freeview to return to a Internet service instead of remaining a terrestrial service. I have been through settings expecting to be able to return it as before but there doesn't
appear to be a way to do it. I have resolved the issue through a factory reset. None of this a major issue and I would have happily left things as they were. Having been playing with computers and phone technology for many years now I have no problem but my wife wants a regular uncomplicated EPG.
Thanks for showing interest, you've already been a great asset on my satellite receiver search, hopefully you may have an here.
Regards Gerard.
I could be wrong, but I thought Freeview play required a DVB-T signal? That is, you watch live TV "off air" and also have the ability to record live TV from the DVB-T tuner. The internet bit is for catch up services.

Times move on though, so things might have changed since the last time I used a relatives freeview play box. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of experience as I've used satellite for decades.