Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Idiot Guide Needed For Remotely Accessing OpenWebif (Watch TV Outside Of My Home).

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Late answer but since no one has posted it I do

Login to your router

Portforward ports 80 and 8001 (in my case the box have internal ip 192.168.10.130 so I portforward to that IP these ports).

step_1.jpg
    --------------------------------------

telnet 192.168.10.130
    adduser admin -h /dev/null -H -s /bin/false -G root
    (admin can be something else too, its your username so choose something you remember)
    You will now be prompted to add new password (Here you choose some difficult password that you remember)

----------
    Start your box and tv. Go to menu, plugins. Openwebif,
    Enable webif
    Enable HTTP Authentication
    Enable HTTPS
    Enable HTTPS Authentication
    Enable Authentication for streaming
    Add service name to stream information

step_2.jpg
    step_3.jpg
    step_4.jpg
    step_5.jpg
    -----------
    Start webbrowser and surf to www.whatismyip.com
    Copy the Public IP and start using!

This works in computer and also with "DreamDroid" mobile app!

This should do it and please, this is not secure do so be careful and use only for fun purposes with receivers you dont care so much if somebody hacks them since your box is now open to internet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carsmile View Post
    Hullo everyone,

Firstly, if I'm posting this in the wrong area of the forum, please forgive me - I have no idea where to start.

I have to spend a lot of time in hospital, and if anyone has this misfortune, they will know how rubbish and expensive watching TV in hospital is!

At home, I have a Vusolo2 box installed, along with a high speed Virgin Media connection.

On my tablet at home, I can connect to the Vusolo2 via my WIFI and can watch any of the channels anywhere within the WIFI range.
    (I use the address http://192.168.0.01 then the number my box is assigned to, then use the OpenWebif page to select a channel, which then opens with VLC).

What I'm hoping to do, is to simply connect to my Vusolo2 when I'm not at home, example being - watch any of my channels when I'm in hospital.

I seriously have no idea on how to accomplish this, and dare not try anything in case I mess up badly.

If anyone can provide me with an idiot proof guide - Step 1, Step 2 etc on how to do this, I would be a very happy person, armed with my tablet for my next round of hospital tratment!

Fingers crossed, and best wishes,

Carsmile.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kisumisu For This Useful Post:

digsatman (17-02-23)