Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: French TNT - No sound unless I flip channels - also low volume for pcm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 886 Posts
    I did a quick search on the X2700H and found this for bitstream format:

Dolby Digital / DTS / Dolby Atmos / Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Digital Plus / DTS:X / DTS-HD Master Audio / DTS-HD High Resolution Audio / DTS Express

This would be similar to my Sony AVR and my previous Onko. AAC is rarely supported on the HDMI bitstream. Usually you have to convert to LPCM between 32kHz and 192kHz.

EDIT - I did a bit of further digging. The USB and network interfaces will support AAC "The Denon AVR-X2700H supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection." My Sony is similar on the USB interface, but not on the HDMI interface which is how your sat/terrestrial receiver is interfacing, so we are both right. On the sat box you will have to downmix AAC to PCM .
    Last edited by Joe_90; 18-06-22 at 22:45.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers