Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
I should have said box may only recognise 4 tuners and omit the dtt even with the correct driver BUT with that image HDF you may get one dtt tuner or even both recognised. Yes legacy is the old LNB outputs and fully independent. Could help you.

And I noticed the CT9000 and the ET4000 can you replace tuners in these? I have the xtrend 10000 with 4 tuners, 2 x dvb and 2 x dtt both internal.

Agree on the possibility of a 4 tuner issue - found some unanswered posts going back asking a similar question to what I am asking!

As regards replacement tuners for my current setup, its not really an option.
I have the hybrid tuner on the ET8000 configured as dvb-t (did use it as a dvb-c for a while as well!), and all working fine.
My trusty CT9000 (which got converted to an ET9000 somewhere along the way) got a bit of a power wobble, and does not see the sat tuners anymore - boots up okay, sees the hdd and usb tuner, dvb-t works fine locally, sat works using fallback configuration to the ET8000.
Suspect its a psu issue, and have changed some capacitors, but nogo. The power issue also damaged lnbs and a disecq switch.
The sat tuners are soldered onto the mainboard, so not really replaceable!

In looking at a replacement, came across unicable and fbc tuner's, so will probably go down that route, especially now that I understand a bit more on how the 6 leaf tuners can be configured across the root tuners, and how the legacy outputs work on the unicable lnbs.

Too much time on my hands....