Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setting up Sky UK epg download

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,965 Times in 3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    I just built and tried a developer build 5.4.005.012 on my Zgemma H7S.
    It appears that EPG Refresh is forcibly uninstalled and opentvzapper is forcibly installed even though I restored my old settings.

If this is supposed to help people who don't want to spend time learning how to get the best out of OpenViX and things like EPG Refresh, I feel I should point out that it will be a bit of a disaster for anyone using EPG Refresh for anything other than 28.2E (I was using EPG Refresh for Freeview). Also if you used EPG Refresh to trigger running autotimers like I did I presume you'll find autotimers never run.

You need to decide what you're aiming for ultimate versatility and power or simple out of the box ready to go.
    If it's the latter I'm probably abandoning OpenViX.

Now I have a ton of new stuff I need to spend time investigating if I want OpenViX to still be what I wanted - ultimate versatility and power.

I now have to figure out:
    1) What triggered the unwanted removal of EPG Refresh? Is there any danger that it'll be silently uninstalled again at some point?
    2) Do I try and go back to what I was doing before where EPG Refresh fetched all my EPGs or do I let opentvzapper get the sky EPG and use something else for Freeview EPG? What will the something else be?
    3) What is the best way to fit all this together?

I'd trawl through all your extensive documentation for the new release and read all the comments in the source code on github except that, THERE ISN'T ANY and THERE ARN'T ANY.
    In fact a recent commit to the source code actually removed a small comment rather than correct it!
    Nothing to figure out. It is just not pre-installed. Your config is already loaded in your backup so if you want to use epgrefresh just download it from the feeds.

BTW, I can't see how adding something extra to make things less of a challenge for our users , removes "versatility and power". This update does not prevent any functionality that existed previously.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (25-01-21)