Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Freeview Tuner doesn't show Freeview channels

Title
    Thanks
    I have now done an ABM scan via Caldbeck England then did Blue button for Favourites > Terrestrial. There are no channel duplicates there. Each channel is only listed once. Below are a list of results for all the frequencies. I haven't looked at all the channels, just enough to see the results for all the different frequencies. Underlined are frequencies that display a picture without any breakup.

474 Mhz: Channel 4 HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD, CBBC HD have has no picture
    482 Mhz: BBC 1 HD, Channel 5 HD has no picture.
    490 Mhz: Quest, QVC, More 4, Drama, 5 USA, CCXTV has no picture.
    498 Mhz: ITV 4 has breakup.
    506 Mhz: BBC Parliament is working fine.
    514 Mhz: Sky Arts, Really, Dave is working fine.

522 Mhz: BBC News, CBBC has breakup
    530 Mhz: ITV 2, ITV 3, E4, Film 4 are working fine.
    546 Mhz: RT, Al-Jazeera, Ideal World, Yesterday is working fine.

What should I do now to get all the channels without breakup or loss of picture?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,172 Times in 6,246 Posts
    ABM creates ABM bouquets, it does not touch non-abm bouquets. Why are you checking the bouquets created by Terrestrial scan plugin? You won't even see duplicates in bouquets created by either plugin.

I am willing to help if you can do only as requested an not jump between different methods.

Title
    Thanks
    It's really confusing with bouquets, Channel lists, Orbital mode, etc. I thought I was checking the ABM bouquet. Please tell me precisely how to check the ABM bouquet. If I go to Blue button for Favourites > Sky Fan. I can only see a bouquet for freesat which is my custom list of channels for freesat.

There's nothing anywhere via Blue button for Favourites which says which of the channel lists are for ABM.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 09-10-20 at 18:34.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    They all work differently. Terrestrial scan doesn't give choice, it only uses the ones it can receive and strongest ones. This is why I suggested it first. The data imported by ABM may not be correct. I have mentioned this many times that ABM reads, it does not scan.
    That totally makes sense.
    But why does ABM fail if all your tuners are in use?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    There's nothing anywhere via Blue button for Favourites which says which of the channel lists are for ABM.
    I suggested that you add the provider prefix in ABM config menu. Did you do that? You then have to run ABM for changes to take effect. Post a screenshot of what you see in your bouquet list.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I missed that from before. I've done it now. Here's the screenshots:
    1A.jpg
    1B.jpg
    1C.jpg

Which channel list from the above should I go into?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Here's another link which might tell you what you should get on Caldbeck Cumbria.

It gives details of which services are on which mux......

https://www.terrestrialtv.uk/dtt.php...CAL&col=LNTMHC

Edit: According to the link above, "BBC Parliament is working fine" and "CBBC has breakup" are on the same multiplex, PSB1.
    Last edited by ccs; 09-10-20 at 19:22.

Title
    Thanks
    On the pictures you posted, all the ones that start with "Freeview UK" and "Sky UK" are the ABM bouquets.
    In your picture, the one that just says "Terrestrial" is the one created by Terrestarial scan plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Here's another link which might tell you what you should get on Caldbeck Cumbria.

It gives details of which services are on which mux......

https://www.terrestrialtv.uk/dtt.php...CAL&col=LNTMHC

Edit: According to the link above, "BBC Parliament is working fine" and "CBBC has breakup" are on the same multiplex, PSB1.
    If you check his lamedb, he has two versions of BBC Parliament and CBBC. On 506 MHz and 522 MHz.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ccs (09-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    On the pictures you posted, all the ones that start with "Freeview UK" and "Sky UK" are the ABM bouquets.
    In your picture, the one that just says "Terrestrial" is the one created by Terrestarial scan plugin.
    I checked the Freeview UK All Channels bouquet. Below are the results. Underlined channels are displaying a picture without issues. I haven't watched them for a long time to test them, it was just a quick check:

474 Mhz: No channel uses this frequency. I checked all the channels.
    482 Mhz: Channel 4 HD has no picture.
    490 Mhz: Quest has no picture.
    498 Mhz: ITV 4 has no picture.
    506 Mhz: BBC Parliament is working.
    514 Mhz: Sky Arts has no picture.
    522 Mhz: BBC News has no picture
    530 Mhz: ITV 2 is working fine.
    546 Mhz: BBC 1 HD has no picture.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm totally losing the plot here, last time you said "482 Mhz: BBC 1 HD, Channel 5 HD has no picture", now you say "546 Mhz: BBC 1 HD has no picture"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I'm totally losing the plot here, last time you said "482 Mhz: BBC 1 HD, Channel 5 HD has no picture", now you say "546 Mhz: BBC 1 HD has no picture"
    Possibly a marginal signal and what Skfan is seeing is a change of signal level depending on time of day/weather. Skyfan has indicated a perfectly watchable picture for a long period of time and then the next day a total picture breakup. Digital TV doesn't degrade in a nice soft way - it is all or nothing and sometimes very little makes the difference with a marginal signal level.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    I checked the Freeview UK All Channels bouquet. Below are the results. Underlined channels are displaying a picture without issues. I haven't watched them for a long time to test them, it was just a quick check:

474 Mhz: No channel uses this frequency. I checked all the channels.
    482 Mhz: Channel 4 HD has no picture.
    490 Mhz: Quest has no picture.
    498 Mhz: ITV 4 has no picture.
    506 Mhz: BBC Parliament is working.
    514 Mhz: Sky Arts has no picture.
    522 Mhz: BBC News has no picture
    530 Mhz: ITV 2 is working fine.

You appear to be checking the correct frequencies (there is one Web source of data that does disagree with one frequency BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR CURRENT PROBLEM so lets not go there for a while - and once you have decent reception this descrepency will sort itself out)

Can you now go
    Menu -> Setup -> Turners and Scanning -> Signal Finder

Tuner = your teresstrial tuner that has your aerial connected to it (it probably should have T or T2 in its name)
    Tune = Predefined transponder
    Transponder = 474Mhz (Channel 21)

Note: the < and > buttons of the remote changed the highlighted options for tuner, Tune and Transponder

Write down the SNR figure and see if the lock box is ticked

While highlighting the transponder increment the freq/channel number and again write down the SNR and lock indicator

Repeat up to channel 30 (you don't need to fgo any further as Calbeck doesn't use anything above this freaquency/broadcast channel)

DO NOT press the Green or Yellow buttons while in the Signal Finder page for ths test.
    Last edited by adm; 10-10-20 at 10:53.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Possibly a marginal signal and what Skfan is seeing is a change of signal level depending on time of day/weather. Skyfan has indicated a perfectly watchable picture for a long period of time and then the next day a total picture breakup. Digital TV doesn't degrade in a nice soft way - it is all or nothing and sometimes very little makes the difference with a marginal signal level.
    .... 546 Mhz is a valid mux (CH30/Com6) on Caldbeck Cumbria, BBC1 HD doesn't transmit on that frequency. Yesterday, for example, does use that frequency.

I'd get the tv tuned into freeview first if I were Skyfan. If it's an aerial/leads/splitters/connectors problem, that would confirm it.
    Last edited by ccs; 10-10-20 at 10:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    You appear to be checking the correct frequencies (there is one Web source of data that does disagree with one frequency BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR CURRENT PROBLEM so lets not go there for a while - and once you have decent reception this descrepency will sort itself out)

Can you now go
    Menu -> Setup -> Turners and Scanning -> Signal Finder

Tuner = your teresstrial tuner that has your aerial connected to it (it probably should have T or T2 in its name)
    Tune = Predefined transponder
    Transponder = 474Mhz (Channel 21)

Note: the < and > buttons of the remote changed the highlighted options for tuner, Tune and Transponder

Write down the SNR figure and see if the lock box is ticked

While highlighting the transponder increment the freq/channel number and again write down the SNR and lock indicator

Repeat up to channel 30 (you don't need to fgo any further as Calbeck doesn't use anything above this freaquency/broadcast channel)

DO NOT press the Green or Yellow buttons while in the Signal Finder page for ths test.
    474 Mhz: 0%. Lock unticked.
    482 Mhz: 0%. Lock unticked
    490 Mhz: 45%. Lock ticked
    498 Mhz: Jumps constantly between 0% and 45%. When on 45% lock is ticked.
    506 Mhz: 100%. Lock ticked
    514 Mhz: 45%. Lock ticked
    522 Mhz: 0%. Lock unticked
    530 Mhz: Jumps constantly between 45% and 100% every few seconds or so. Lock is ticked
    546 Mhz: 100%. Lock is ticked

My Sony Bravia KD55XD8577SUTV that I bought in 2016 for £1,100 found channels after updating the firmware but no channels display a picture and instead say “no signal please check your antenna connection”. I instead took a crappy TV from downstairs and connected it to the same aerial in my room and that TV displayed a picture on all freeview channels without issues after doing a scan. These are the options I selected on that TV for doing the scan:
    Primary Region: England
    Secondary Region: Borders
    Tertiary Region: Any

So I don’t understand why Freeview works on that TV but not on my Tiviar Alpha+ box?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast