Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Have I killed my HD2400?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There are probably hundreds of posts saying "can't usb flash", it's usually down to the stick - the smaller the better.
    Try a search to get more details if needed.

Once flashed, you won't be able to restore your own settings, so you'll need so have a look at https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...older-than-4-2

Couch flashing is much easier than usb flashing, but it's a bit more complicated because of the age of your current image.

I'll see if I can find a recent post which tells you what to do.

Here's one https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post491707

We need to get your 3.2 image working first!!

Can you FTP or telnet to the box?
    Last edited by ccs; 08-12-19 at 15:32.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-12-19),BenEadir (08-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,177 Times in 6,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Couch flashing is much easier than usb flashing, but it's a bit more complicated because of the age of your current image.
    Beg to differ.

Code:
    wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh
    Guide to issuing commands here
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Linux-commands

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (08-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

I'm a complete Telnet newbie and not very experienced in networking at all so this is a steep learning curve for me.

I've managed to enable Telnet on my Win 10 laptop which is on the same router as the HD2400.

I've launched Windows PowerShell in Admin mode and have entered Telnet.

From here do I just copy and paste the command you kindly supplied, hit return and the latest OpenVix image should install on the HD2400 or do I somehow need to tell Telnet what device/IP Address the file is to be sent to?

Apologies if my terminology is completely wrong

Title
    Thanks
    Hi CCS,

Thanks for reponding.

There are probably hundreds of posts saying "can't usb flash", it's usually down to the stick - the smaller the better.
    Try a search to get more details if needed.
    I did test the USB stick before using it (copied files over and back successfully) but I can try another USB stick if that would help although given you reckon I need to get 3.2 working first I guess that's not going to help at this stage?

We need to get your 3.2 image working first!!

Can you FTP or telnet to the box?
    I do have FileZilla downloaded and have used it in the past. The initial challenge I have is identifying the IP address of the HD2400. I have looked on my router and of the 28 devices connected 5 are via Ethernet and only one doesn't have a self explanatory description so I'm hoping that's the HD2400 as I'm confident what the other four are.

If I can get FTP working should I be trying to flash OpenVix 5.3 or trying to reflash or somehow fix the installed 3.2 image first?