Quote Originally Posted by 1999gtv View Post
Box will have formatted it to either ext4/ext3 which windows doesn't recognise. You may also get the message device busy etc if you have timeshift enabled on your box.
I do have timeshift enabled, is that right? I don't even know what it does, i've just been following youtube clips to try and set everything up
Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
The stick is formatted EXt3 or Ext4 for the box.

You can install a utility on a PC operating Windows to see/read/write Ext2, EXT3 or EXt4. Google "read write EXT3 on a windows PC"

The stick may have been full if that's all the box is seeing. You may have tried to put your EPG on it as well as a time-shift buffer and/or as well as a couple of recordings.

Once your PC can see the stick you may/will be able to reformat it using "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" (Google for download sites). In my experience a reformat from a non-windows friendly format can take some time with this tool so don't panic if an hour+ elapses.

By the way, does your box now see your 500G hard disk?
Ok, i'll try downloading that software later, when I get time. There wasn't anything on the stick to begin with (same for the 500GB HDD) and I still got the same error messages. I've not since tried the 500GB HDD.

I'm starting to wonder if i've even been going about trying to set up the box in the right way, as I'm just doing what I think is right according to what im being shown in these clips.

I've installed the XCplugin and ive got all the channels when i go into menu>XCplugin>live streams, but once in there, i cant press the EPG button and get all the channels up, it just comes up with the 'stop' sign to say that feature isn't available.

When I exit the plugin I can only get the FTA channels. I'm assuming that to get ALL the channels like I do in the plugin, I need to set up the EPG settings, Timeshift etc, and be able to save it to a memory stick/drive.

Last question, Softcam...what is it? do I need it?

Thanks for taking the time to try and help guys, i've really been pulling hair out over this. Openbox/Cccam was so much easier