Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
If people want to use ABM and it does not work, they can upload a raw transport reading or the files from the other thread. I don't think it is too much difficult to scan the relevant frequencies (within Enigma2), or if unknown, use the Terrestrial scan plugin. They can run the plugin in the other thread to create the xml file, slight editing required. Or they can upload the lamedb file here and someone can do it for them..
This highlights a very fundamental difference in approach between us. Perhaps because of my professional background (including defence systems for overseas customers), I see the ideal to be that the customers/users can do all the essential maintenance without any help from the developers. In this instance defining a list of up to eight channels (whose values are readily obtainable from sites such as https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...tter-frequency) is all that is needed to ensure you scan the right channels, don't get duplicates, and don't get services you can't receive, while allowing the developers to keep well out of the panic zone when the frequency shuffle starts. I think it is pertinent to note that my TVs manage to scan successfully without any inputs from either me or from the manufacturer, so why not OpenVix?

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
I am presuming that after the changes, the PSB 1 frequencies will remain the same
It never occurred to me that this would be the case, and it would certainly reduce my concerns dramatically. However I read https://ukfree.tv/article/1107052530...hedule_201720_ indicates that only COM7 & COM8 will use channel numbers > 48, and you can find plenty of examples of PSB1 using channels > 48 in the above database (a quick check of around 30 Txs found 10 with PSB1 on Ch>48, which is consistent with what one would expect from a random distribution). There would seem to be no incentive on OFCOM to keep PSB1 on the same frequencies as possible, as their dominant customers (the TVs) will not care. Where did you get your information from?

EMJB