[QUOTE=birdman;433140]It isn't crashing: it's hanging. There is a difference. Enabling debug logs would probably give an indication of why this is happening.

This is the box that you are frightened to add a disk to?

Were these the same model from the same suppler as the multiple ones you had in the laptops and PCs?

[quote]No that is not right and something is seriously wrong not so much with HDDs but the box which has caused both to die.
But they haven't become corrupted, they've disappeared (the box can't find them at all) according to your descriptions. That sounds more like a loose connector.
So when the ring appears the box hasnt crashed as I cant do anything when that happens?

"frightened" is a very strong and harsh at the same time. I am not comfortable doing such tasks as I know I will screw everything up. I have had someone install all the HDDs for me just like with the receiver.

The two HDDs that died were same brand but different compared to the ones in my other devices.

The first one did actually die as I took it too someone and the first one was not recognisable on the computer at all. So I am sure its the same with the second HDD.