Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Poor picture quality vix 4.2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    why? Which settings?

That's about the worst possible setting you can think of. Now all video is being downscaled by the box to that extreme low resolution, and then again upscaled by your telly. Both scalings are not lossfree.
    Why would you choose such a setting? If you're happy with the result you're either very far away from your screen (over 5 meter), or your eyes are very bad.
    I am also using autoresolution with settings HD interlace Mode = 1080i and HD Progressive Mode = 720p. My video enhancement setup is Scaler sharpness = 20, others default.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    I am also using autoresolution with settings HD interlace Mode = 1080i and HD Progressive Mode = 720p. My video enhancement setup is Scaler sharpness = 20, others default.
    You said in your previous post that you were using 576i as the resolution setting and did not mention autoresolution. My recollection is that the AV settings require either a specific resolution OR autoresolution If you set it to 576i, then you will reduce even HD channels to SD resolution in the box and the TV will not be able to display them properly. The TV will "scale" the picture to fill the screen, but it can't re-create lost resolution if you remove it in the STB. The autoresolution settings introduce all sorts of variables into the picture quality which may cause issues for some TVs but I presume you are happy with the results. In my case for DVB-S/T viewing (I only using my STB for TV/radio) I leave the AV settings at 1080i 50Hz. The box seems to be as good as the TV at scaling SD resolutions so it suits my situation.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers