Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Overscan Issues On Samsung Smart TV?

Title
    Thanks
    I tried all the option when clicking on edit name. Tried PC and tried DVI PC and still overscan couldnt be disabled.

So is my box and TV screwed then? Do I need new ones?

For the life of my I have no idea why on earth overscan just CANT stay off. Why is this happening. Why is this impossible.

Makes me thinking flashing to 3.2 will be pointless as what will it solve? It certainly was turn off overscan.

I have exhausted all methods suggested as I am really really tired now. I have no more energy left.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The issue is not with your box. Ring Samsung and ask them how to turn overscan off.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    The issue is not with your box. Ring Samsung and ask them how to turn overscan off.
    I did and they told me the same way I did originally to select "screen fit" in aspect ratio settings and I have explained already the issues after selecting that option.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,903 Times in 2,255 Posts
    So take a deep breath

There is a recently updated tip from Samsung (4/10/2016) that shows how to reset your TV back to initial settings - I would follow this, and then you will know that everything is as it was when delivered and any changes you have made can be reset.
    I would then use some of the advice on this forum to overcome the overscan issue

See http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1039433

At least, with this knowledge you know you can always go back to the same point
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

champs4life (08-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So take a deep breath

There is a recently updated tip from Samsung (4/10/2016) that shows how to reset your TV back to initial settings - I would follow this, and then you will know that everything is as it was when delivered and any changes you have made can be reset.
    I would then use some of the advice on this forum to overcome the overscan issue

See http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1039433

At least, with this knowledge you know you can always go back to the same point
    Thanks for the link.

So if I do factory reset I lose all the settings and then I have to set everything up again?

Not sure how I originally had set it up.

Will factory resetting help me to turn overscan off permanently?

Title
    Thanks
    Well it allows you now with the experience over the last couple of weeks and the help of the manual perhaps understand better your TV
    Then you can try some of the tricks like renaming the hdmi to pc etc or even see what options it provides for screensize from the default settings.
    But I would first look at the picture display options to see what is available ...I am guessing that it gives you options for normal TV, cinema or films perhaps light or dark rooms or even (but unlikely) a professional option..... probably anything will be better as a starter than the default

But if you can always reset, you have nothing to lose and much to gain from trying
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

champs4life (08-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Well it allows you now with the experience over the last couple of weeks and the help of the manual perhaps understand better your TV
    Then you can try some of the tricks like renaming the hdmi to pc etc or even see what options it provides for screensize from the default settings.
    But I would first look at the picture display options to see what is available ...I am guessing that it gives you options for normal TV, cinema or films perhaps light or dark rooms or even (but unlikely) a professional option..... probably anything will be better as a starter than the default

But if you can always reset, you have nothing to lose and much to gain from trying
    The only downside in resetting I figure is applying the wrong settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champs4life View Post
    You won't know unless you try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

champs4life (08-10-16),kryton (08-10-16),twol (08-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    .. reset should be fine and then as Andy said, a chance to play even if you get it wrong a couple of times ...... which of course you won,t
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

champs4life (08-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok will try resetting TV completely and seeing if overscan disables or not.

I have tried screen position setup to no avail. I probably am doing it wrong which no surprise. Dont want to use this setup as my TV isnt that old which cant turn off overscan.

Title
    Thanks
    So I followed the link twol sent me to a tee and I have no factory reset option on my tv at all. All I have is picture reset option.

So does that mean not only I can't disable overscan but I can't reset the TV?

Thanks anyway guys but seems there is one issue after another with no chance of resolving the issues.

Title
    Thanks
    So I followed the link twol sent me to a tee and I have no factory reset option on my tv at all. All I have is picture reset option.

So does that mean not only I can't disable overscan but I can't reset the TV?

Thanks anyway guys but seems there is one issue after another with no chance of resolving the issues.
    You may need to search through your settings to find the factory reset as it might differ from model to model.

Mines in menu / support / self diagnosis / reset.

(Same location as twol's link shows)

Which restores everything except network settings.
    Last edited by kryton; 08-10-16 at 22:50.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kryton For This Useful Post:

champs4life (08-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the A/V settings as 1080i multi scale letterbox. Not sure if that is issue.?

try not having it set to multi scale letterbox

my pioneer plasma reads like thissettings.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    You may need to search through your settings to find the factory reset as it might differ from model to model.

Mines in menu / support / self diagnosis / reset.

(Same location as twol's link shows)

Which restores everything except network settings.
    Yep, I have gone threw every single menu but there isn't a reset or factory reset page just picture reset.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I have the A/V settings as 1080i multi scale letterbox. Not sure if that is issue.?

try not having it set to multi scale letterbox

my pioneer plasma reads like thissettings.jpg
    Both 4:3 and 16:9 for me are set to just scale.

Not sure if this is the problem or is correct setting.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast