Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Vu have always been sketchy when it comes to drivers and fixing issues. When I was a member of ViX we routinely submitted bug reports back to Vu and rarely had replies back. Some bugs which were reported on the original Duo some 4 to 5 years ago still have not been aknowleged never mind fixed. We even threatened to pull support for their boxes numerous times just to light a fire under their arses and get their shit in order. A lot of people may sing Vu's praises but I know first hand how poor their support really can be and often is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    thanks for this info, it's actually quite interesting to know about this; the duo2 is a great box but i guess i should've chosen a gigablue or xtrend maybe lol
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,937 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Nah don't let me put you off. Vu are not the market leaders for nothing but there not the all singing and dancing wonder brand some fan boys think either. Both xtrend and gigablue have had their own share of cockups and driver issues but as there EU based they tend to get things sorted faster than Vu who being south Korean tend to work to their schedule and have obvious language barriers.

All im saying is that simple things like responding to image teams bug reports go a very long way but from experience Vu are very flakey in this regard.

I use a solo2 daily along with a ultimato but they have been parked on a older image for some considerable time and I have no real issues with them. Nor with my gigablue quad which is updated more regularly.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I would fire them an email and tell them you are disappointed with the turbo tuner. Loads of people have had issues and I would ask the question about a refund and swap for the Dual Cable/Terrestrial tuner I posted previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    update had a reply from wos shop

"Hi,
    The USB tuner does work, but latest OpenViX has an issue. You will need to downgrade to an earlier version or wait for next build.
    You can also use Blackhole, OpenPLi, OpenATV etc...
    Regards,

sent this back

"
    thank you for the reply

sorry if my first message seemed rude in any way just very frustrated that both devices the box and the tuner are made by the same people yet it does not work together

is it definate that the next build of openvix will not have any issues with the usb tuner? and are you able to tell me when this will be released?

thanks "

so it seems a number of options - leave as is and bear with it until latest build of vix is released, but when is another matter

downgrade to previous build of vix (at least i will be familiar with the gui)

sell the usb tuner and buy the internal twin cable tuner

leaning towards waiting it out maybe as i don't really have the cash spare to purchase the internal tuner at the moment,

I have looked into the issues i am having further (again) and have major headache now...

been having a look here
    HTML Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29644-Vu-duo-freezing
    and decided to install cache-flush and make a 256mb swap file as the thread suggests that many others who have had this or similar power issue took these steps and mostly this was resolved

since installing, rebooting box a few times to test it out.

first time round, after installing plugin and creating swapfile, went to menu>standby/restart>reboot - box froze on 'double' showing on vfd, as usual!! grrr

instead of using rocker switch, i held the power button down on the remote for 20+ seconds which restarted the box fine

plugin was in my list and i enabled it, and set swapfile to active and run at startup

then i rebooted box from the menu, it rebooted fine (fingers crossed at this point, literally)

booted back up ok, then restarted gui, and was fine

put box in standby, watched the lcd and vfd with the time; froze after 3 1/2 mins!!!!

powered off by holding power button on remote again, box rebooted fine.

went into temperature and fan control, current speed of fan when active 980rpm @39c

setup standby fan also to 980rpm

rebooted box from menu, restarted fine !

checked to see if standby fan still enabled, it was; placed box in standby; waited for 14 mins before powering back on from standby and it worked!!!!!

the cable channels do still seem quite laggy though on the epg when selecting between channels, i seem to get the spinner come up for 2+ mins for zapping to and from different channels..can't have it all though; just glad i have managed to sort the power issue! (i hope - seems ok for the moment)
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Neither Cache Flush nor a Swap file are needed or recommended for use with such a powerful receiver as the Duo2. Cache flush is only really needed if your receiver shows signs of a memory leak type issue such as that of the original Duo and a swap file is only needed on low powered / low memory receivers such as a original solo. your actually hampering performance using them on your receiver now.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nah don't let me put you off. Vu are not the market leaders for nothing but there not the all singing and dancing wonder brand some fan boys think either. Both xtrend and gigablue have had their own share of cockups and driver issues but as there EU based they tend to get things sorted faster than Vu who being south Korean tend to work to their schedule and have obvious language barriers.

All im saying is that simple things like responding to image teams bug reports go a very long way but from experience Vu are very flakey in this regard.

I use a solo2 daily along with a ultimato but they have been parked on a older image for some considerable time and I have no real issues with them. Nor with my gigablue quad which is updated more regularly.

i may very well look into one day getting a different brand anyway; i had my eyes set on a gigablue first of all it wasn't until i read various reviews and forums online quite recently just before purchasing my duo2 that i decided to go with that

obviously not all about physical design but the duo2 is a beautiful looking box and i love the lcd/vfd dual screens; has quite a nice remote too

i guess with everything tech these days different devices have different and equally important pros and cons about them

it was only when i read that vu is the most powerful/popular box that i decided to go with it; but i'm concluding the fact that this may very well have been personal opinion rather than fact

oh well :/ can't have everything can we lol

despite the brain racking issues i am still pleased with it, somewhat reduced expectation, but overall quite happy with it; after all there's that ancient saying a computer will only do what you tell it to do; but flip that on it's head and can argue it would do it if vu had contiuned support :/

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Neither Cache Flush nor a Swap file are needed or recommended for use with such a powerful receiver as the Duo2. Cache flush is only really needed if your receiver shows signs of a memory leak type issue such as that of the original Duo and a swap file is only needed on low powered / low memory receivers such as a original solo. your actually hampering performance using them on your receiver now.
    not what i wanted to hear! so by using cache flush and swap file i am making it worse?

it's just that on the link i put in my previous post of where i read up on it, there were many others indicating they had the same issue and similar issue to what i am having with the standby;

and since installing cache flush and swap file, and altering fan control for standby, it does seem to have fixed it for now, so i don't really want to mess anymore with it lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If it works for you just monitor it and see how it goes but neither are needed on the Duo2. and as you said in your earlier post, 99 percent of recommendations for boxes are from users own views or sellers trying to shift stock and while thats great it's not always accurate. just look at apple and some of their kit for proof of that.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If it works for you just monitor it and see how it goes but neither are needed on the Duo2. and as you said in your earlier post, 99 percent of recommendations for boxes are from users own views or sellers trying to shift stock and while thats great it's not always accurate. just look at apple and some of their kit for proof of that.
    that's what i intend to do for the moment, obviously if cache flush or the swap file will create a problem i will need to remove them; i'm just waiting on a reply from openvix to see if they know roughly when the next build will be released without the issues for the usb tuner. thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    everyone hakking on VU but the boxes (and addons) are working fine with there own images and images based on there drivers (kernel) .Can you then blame a constructor to not change things for everyone making his own images ? If all constructors needed to do that then boxes would cost 10 times what we are paying today.It is up to developers from images to make things work .Just a remark and having great respect for those developers and who do so. I could not do it actually cause i am a windows grown up.
    PS: happy to be on openvix cause there all bugs are taken in order and solutions are being made today (or tomorrow as dr honnybunch muppet says )
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOO. You have a Vu+ Duo2 NOT A VU+ DUO. You need to remove the swap file and cache flush immediately.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (02-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    everyone hakking on VU but the boxes (and addons) are working fine with there own images and images based on there drivers (kernel) .Can you then blame a constructor to not change things for everyone making his own images ? If all constructors needed to do that then boxes would cost 10 times what we are paying today.It is up to developers from images to make things work .Just a remark and having great respect for those developers and who do so. I could not do it actually cause i am a windows grown up.
    PS: happy to be on openvix cause there all bugs are taken in order and solutions are being made today (or tomorrow as dr honnybunch muppet says )
    was not debating their own images, was discussing around openvix, somebody expressed their opinion which is what the whole forum is made up of, opinions

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You forget or maybe you don't know but I have been on the other side of the fence. I was a dev for ViX for 4 (closer to 5) years. I know exactly what level of support Vu+ provide teams. and at the end of the day if they want to sell hardware it is their responsibility to ensure their boxes have the widest level of support possible from all teams, be they based on their own OI or not.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 02-08-16 at 20:15. Reason: fecking spelling corrections.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no offence but that is like saying that all car constructors should be open to adept and boost there cars to a dangerous level for everyone if the client asks it.Same with alcohol : if you want to get drunk the brewer is not responsable for your actions and does not need to bring a non alcholic brew on the marked.Sorry but that is completely out off range.A constructors delivers a good product , image and drivers who work fine with there IOS.If someone wants to change something on that then it is there own responsability to make it work.
    End off discussion because we are going off topic
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no offence but that is like saying that all car constructors should be open to adept and boost there cars to a dangerous level for everyone if the client asks it.Same with alcohol : if you want to get drunk the brewer is not responsable for your actions and does not need to bring a non alcholic brew on the marked.Sorry but that is completely out off range.A constructors delivers a good product , image and drivers who work fine with there IOS.If someone wants to change something on that then it is there own responsability to make it work.
    End off discussion because we are going off topic
    Actually it's ******** all like that.

Vu+'s success is in no small part due to the thirdparty teams such as ViX, who first started supporting them 5 odd years ago with the launch of the Duo. many and i'm not exaggerating here, many users came to Vu+ because of ViX and the subsequent offerings from other teams such as Pli and ATV etc.

I know for a fact that a large part of that market would instantly vanish if those major teams withdrew support for their hardware and so do they. so yes it is absolutely in Vu+'s interest to ensure that as many images as is humanly possible work on their boxes because otherwise they will certainly loose custom as people move to other hardware that is supported by their favorite team.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOO. You have a Vu+ Duo2 NOT A VU+ DUO. You need to remove the swap file and cache flush immediately.

really confused, by installing the cache flush and swapfile it seemed to fix the problem though?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast