Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Channel Numbering (ABM ISSUE?)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you abu, this information is appreciated, do you know where the option to disable background scanning is located?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    There really is no need to delete any services in the 'all' list.
    Did you change any of the autotimer defaults?
    If setting a timer, by default it will use the service it was set on.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,172 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    There really is no need to delete any services in the 'all' list.
    Did you change any of the autotimer defaults?
    If setting a timer, by default it will use the service it was set on.
    I am not too conversant with autotimer, but pretty sure it will record on any service where the event is found. Someone with cable had this problem where timers were being set on a non-viewable channel. Would appreciate some guidance on this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I am not too conversant with autotimer, but pretty sure it will record on any service where the event is found. Someone with cable had this problem where timers were being set on a non-viewable channel. Would appreciate some guidance on this.
    Same channels on AB generated bouquets here, set a timer on DVB-T or DVB-S, default settings use the correct tuner/timer, always have done even with same multiple channels, cant see DVB-C being much different?

Title
    Thanks
    Trying to add a timer for Super League, next week it is on Thursday/ Friday night, and Saturday tea time, it is on any of the sky sports channels, when setting this timer through the webif portal (just experimenting) I see an option to "Override found with alternative service" could this option be a solution?

I have selected from webif - Multi epg - sku uk sports - Thursday - sky sports 2 - super league - add auto timer. now on Friday it is on sky sports 1, I don't know what channel Saturday as yet.

Title
    Thanks
    Seen to haave sorted it, I have manually entered the auto-timer via the remote, and disabled the "alternative service" section, I shall monitor it next week and report back if it solves the issue.

Just to clarify, this apperars to be a bug (or operator error) in setting up the timer, and nothing to do with ABM, even though it felt like that origionally.

Thanks for all your help.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,970 Times in 3,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Auto timers are by service ref.

If I remember correct that guy was setting recordings from EPGSearch.
    Last edited by Huevos; 05-03-16 at 23:16.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123