Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Front display icons

Title
    Thanks

Front display icons

Does anyone have a guide to what all the display icons on the front panel mean?

It says 576i on the front display but I have 1080p selected on VV

Title
    Thanks
    I'm also trying to figure out what some of the symbols mean.
    I have recently purchased an Xtrend ET10000 running Openvix. What I see on the front display (when the device is powered on) at the top in the middle of the display is a flashing icon. It looks a bit like a solid circle within a square. I can also see a similar symbol on one of the channel info popups on the TV screen. It appears alongside the record icon on the popup that appears if you press OK when watching live TV.
    I haven't yet figured out what this flashing icon represents, and I also can't find any explanation of what it means on the internet.
    I'm sure that once it's explained to me, it'll be blindingly obvious what it means, but for now, it's just a distraction.
    I'm pretty sure that this flashing icon has only recently appeared.

Does anybody know what this icon represents?

Update: I read in some other posts that this icon represents that there is an update available, so I went and did an update (the box said there were two packages to update). After doing the update and rebooting the device, the flashing icon had gone. However, as soon as I viewed the list of timers and then went back to viewing live TV, the flashing icon immediately reappeared.
    Last edited by nischris; 13-02-16 at 04:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,172 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Updates available.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. It would seem that the update didn't actually occur, because if I go back into the update menu there are still two updates available. What I've done is disable background checking for updates, perform the 'update' again (the update that doesn't seem to do anything), and this time, the icon hasn't started flashing again after the reboot.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,172 Times in 6,246 Posts
    there are a few threads by people with same issue. you should not update to 036. instead, make a settings backup, install 036, restore the settings when prompted.