Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
Hi there,

I've had an LX3 now for a few years and I've always found the response of the remote pretty poor but it was manageable as the receiver was always directly in front of the sofa. I recently moved gaff and the sittingroom was a rectangle so the sofa had to be at an angle to the receiver.

The caused the remote to be unbearable to the point I was hardly using it and considered buying another brand of receiver. As I last resort I contacted Golden Interstar and I got email support from a very helpful chap called Udo.

Anyway, long story short he said the issue was the IR receiving diode on the front panel was sitting too far back from the front glass and I've a few options.

1. Try bending forward the diode so it is closer to the glass.
2. Extend the diode terminals to allow the whole diode to sit closer to the glass.
3. Replace the diode and leave it sitting further from the circuit board.

I went for option 1 initially and although it did help a little it still wasn't great. I went back to Udo with a few suggestions and he suggested to remove the shielding around the diode to see if that helped.

I took the front panel off again, removed the metal shielding around the diode and moved the bend further up the legs of the diode so it sat closer to the glass and put it back together. Bingo, it's like a new receiver, so much more responsive. It's not the best remote I've ever used as I've still to point it in the direction of the receiver but it's a great change for me.

So, anyone suffering the same dilemmas then give it a try. It takes a bit of careful navigation getting the front panel off the receiver as you've to disconnect the WiFi cable and a ribbon cable to the front panel but it's not a major operation.

Best of luck..

Cheers,
mcquaim

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Nice fix, although a better solution would be for the manufacturer to remedy this with a hardware update for newer models, thats if they have not already.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
I find the harmony very unresponsive, laggy and end up with double presses. Online support completely useless.
I have exactly the opposite experience from using both a harmony 600 and 650 for at least the past two years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar2 View Post
Harmony is nice. But my Harmony need all 4 weeks new battery's.
My two harmony's run approximately 6 to 9 months with a single set of batteries, and both of them are used as the primary remote for their intended devices and handled all day long. my only gripe is that I use them so much that the keys are starting to wear through a bit and by that i mean the paint wearing off showing the clear back-lit keys.