Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver Advice?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You are probably just better off subscribing to sky or virgin as I think these boxes are gonna be just too much for you. I can't stress this enough, they are not plug n play boxes and some knowledge is needed.
    Have you actually flashed your Gigablue receiver I gave you guidance on about a month ago?
    I want a E2 box as I have heard so many good things about it.

So just because I am a newbie who doesnt understand the technical info, setup etc I shouldnt bother with these boxes?

I am disappointed that everyone is tell me not to bother. I really am trying to understand.

The Gigablue box was returned I am afraid.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Enigma 2 boxes are fantastic satellite receivers, and with the ViX image installed and loads of different plugins to choose from makes them very appealing, but they are definitely not plug n play receivers, just be aware of this!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Enigma 2 boxes are fantastic satellite receivers, and with the ViX image installed and loads of different plugins to choose from makes them very appealing, but they are definitely not plug n play receivers, just be aware of this!
    I know, and I am under no illusion it is plug and plug.

But it should not be this difficult to know stuff about this boxes or install things.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champs4life View Post
    Why was it returned?

Title
    Thanks
    It is fun and very addictive and you will no doubt pull your hair out (if you have any already that is?) along the way. lol. Patience is the key to this. What you do decide to get, box wise, read up on the tutorials, and see where it takes you.
    Good luck, you may need it, but you may not. Have fun!!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    It is fun and very addictive and you will no doubt pull your hair out (if you have any already that is?) along the way. lol. Patience is the key to this. What you do decide to get, box wise, read up on the tutorials, and see where it takes you.
    Good luck, you may need it, but you may not. Have fun!!
    Thanks man. I think I have gone bald the last few days with all the stress lol.

I do want to apologise to abu and others who I might have snapped out in frustration.

I didnt mean to as I do appreciate all the help and guidance given on here.

I just seem lost and overwhelmed at the moment.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ahh me old mate as i said if in doubt reread the q & a it is daunting at first when brain does not take it all in ,i hope you have downloaded the fantastic vix manual in pdf for pc it can explain a lot,one step at a time and this box needs 2 sat feeds 28.2 usually and/or cable feed to vm,people dont use the t tuner if cable is there all the best,poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky

Title
    Thanks
    You'll not go to wrong with the Technomate TM-Nano-3T Combo. Its not the best looking box in the world, but looks are not everything and it is a quick receiver.
    Like has been said previously, all receivers have teething problems from time to time n at this moment in time with this receiver it is the transcoding issue, but don't let that put you off purchasing this box.
    If you order the box tomorrow from the sponsors (WoS) you will get it on Thursday. Get them to preinstall ViX for you and you will be ready to rock n ROLL!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky
    Lots of posts don't get answered because of lack of detail or the user asking unwilling to do a forum search on questions that have been answered 1000's of times...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (25-03-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,936 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I want a E2 box as I have heard so many good things about it.

So just because I am a newbie who doesnt understand the technical info, setup etc I shouldnt bother with these boxes?

I am disappointed that everyone is tell me not to bother. I really am trying to understand.

No one is telling you not to bother but you have a lot of reading to do if you want to get to grips with a Enigma2 based receiver, they are not plug and play and will require you to perform some form of maintenance to keep them running from time to time. If you think that is going to be to hard for you then you may need to consider a different system as enigma2 is not for every one. If you still want a enigma2 receiver then we will help. The first thing I would say is to go to www.openvix.co.uk and download a copy of the ViX manual, then read it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

CellZapper (07-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    ahh me old mate as i said if in doubt reread the q & a it is daunting at first when brain does not take it all in ,i hope you have downloaded the fantastic vix manual in pdf for pc it can explain a lot,one step at a time and this box needs 2 sat feeds 28.2 usually and/or cable feed to vm,people dont use the t tuner if cable is there all the best,poor mods have another 250 posts to answer before bed,if lucky
    If I am being honest the Vix manual is confusing and very LONG, so can't take everything in.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If I am being honest the Vix manual is confusing and very LONG, so can't take everything in.
    No disrespect but thats the easy part, if you cant come to grips with the manual you may have a hard time setting up and maintaining a E2 based receiver. I am not trying to dissuade you but I would not want you to buy a receiver only to then have to sell it for a loss due to not being able to use it properly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    No disrespect but thats the easy part, if you cant come to grips with the manual you may have a hard time setting up and maintaining a E2 based receiver. I am not trying to dissuade you but I would not want you to buy a receiver only to then have to sell it for a loss due to not being able to use it properly.
    You are right there. I am not going to argue on that point.

I just wish I could understand Enigma2 boxes like yourself and other technical minded people but I am have trouble understanding everything from the manual.

I am sorry for taking yours and others time. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

I just wish I could understand Enigma2 boxes like yourself and other technical minded people but I am have trouble understanding everything from the manual.

I am sorry for taking yours and others time. Please accept my sincere apologies.
    It's just a computer, slightly different way of using it that you may be used to.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Believe me mate every single one of us went through the same thing with our first E2 box. I have been a satellite nerd for over 20 years, I used a E1 receiver for almost 10 years before moving to E2 and I was totally stumped, If it were not for the helpful guys here on this very forum my first E2 box would have been my last and it would be resting in a shallow grave full of number 3 lead shot by now.

We will help you as much as possible if you do decide to get a E2 based receiver I just want you to be 1000 percent sure it is the correct receiver for your needs before parting with your cash.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

champs4life (25-03-15)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast