Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VLC plugin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

VLC plugin

what settings have people used to set up please, can`t seem to get any joy

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What are you trying to do with it ?.

As far as I can remember you had to use a really old version and it does not add any further enhancement to the existing media player in E2 as you can't load codecs in E2, it was if I am not mistaken just used for streaming content from the receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    trying to set up transcoding so as I can use blackbox pro to view my box away from my home network, I got the app working within the home no problem, but I am now struggling to set anything up further

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Which receiver ?, because those receivers capable of transcoding and there are not many don't, require VLC for that.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the technomate tm twin oe pheonix

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That receiver is not capable of transcoding, it can stream channels but you will need a very good internet connection to do it as they will be full size streams, especially the HD channels.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wow ok, I do have a very good fibre connection which is 70meg down and 10 meg up will this be ok and if so what settings, I have put VLC on my desktop and tried port forwarding settings on port 8080 but is still not open, set it to DMZ and still not open and I understand VLC requires port 8080 OPEN, any help here is very much appreciated thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Why are you trying to set it up in VLC on your PC ? I assume your using Blackbox on a mobile device such as a tablet or mobile phone ?, if that is the case then just set it up on that, you dont need to do any thing with VLC unless you are streaming the channel directly from the receiver to a PC using VLC.

Also be very careful when opening ports to stream channels, there are a lot of people out there scanning for open E2 boxes and there have been multiple confirmed reports of boxes being hacked as a result.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ahhhh ok I`ll try and set up VLC on my iphone then instead , and will password it

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You DO NOT need VLC, the blackbox app has all the settings built into it, just set it up to your receiver and go from there.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have followed the set up and it works a treat within my home network, but to work away from the home it needs transcoding, and even though there is a section with settings within it for trans coding and a small amount of help from the app makers website at www.rotapp.com its not straight forward for me to get it working on the network or 3G/4G

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your receiver is simply not capable of transcoding, you can stream externally but it will have to be the full stream.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have found the settings but I`m not sure what host or ip-address to use for the transcoder section, is it my box, or public or router ect, and the default port is still 8080 with it and I cannot open it on my BT-Hub 5, I know I could change it within the settings but am just waiting for an email back from the app maker, I have tried my box ip and nothing. but another section which uses the device id and it does use the box ip for use within my home and works perfectly.