Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Newbie Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Daniel, welcome to the forums.

I would definitely recommend you go for a Technomate 1300mhz range of receivers - they are pretty fast and do a great job

Regarding the image - most people on these forums are advocates of OpenVix images - that's the one I used when I joint- and it is very easy to use.. Crashes are rare; but in the unlikely event of a crash - reinstalling the image is easy - just plug in a USB and reboot your STB.

7-day epg is available on the openvix images and in my opinion one of the best EPGs available.

Streaming is a great tool - and there are a number of mobile apps and a web application that will allow you to stream to other devices at home.

I'm new here myself - so hopefully some of the more tenured members can validate what I've said. They are all a friendly bunch and happy to help where needed.
    Last edited by Rayne; 29-01-15 at 10:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys! The other boxes seem much better for the extra few quid, so will probably go for the 3T combo.

Regards to hdd, i have an old sky box with a 2tb hdd in it, i assume i can just switch this over to it, and the box picks it up from there when plugged in?

Also, regards to the plug ins such as tsmedia, and on demand services like iplayer, 4od and 5od, are these easy to find on here and install?

Again thanks for the help.