Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner A not pickup up channels (OpenMips)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blade0rz
    It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blade0rz For This Useful Post:

sasho (19-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade0rz View Post
    It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    thank you for reply
    so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
    also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
    - BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
    which type Is tuner B
    can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info

Blade0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by sasho View Post
    thank you for reply
    so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
    also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
    - BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
    which type Is tuner B
    can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info
    That's correct, the issue with the tuner is fixed in the OpenATV build I mentioned in my post although I haven't attempted the workaround Sicilian provided it certainly sounds as if it is the same issue.

I'm not sure if your statement around the Solo2 is correct, according to Wikipedia the Solo2 uses the BCM7356 chip whereas the Gigablue uses BCM7346. However, I can vouch for the tuner quality as it really is superb. Extremely high signal and quick to lock. Coming from a DM800HD which was fairly poor, this is an amazing tuner. Tuner B is a plug-and-play tuner, I will post a screenshot later this evening.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blade0rz For This Useful Post:

sasho (19-02-14)