Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhan View Post
    New image now available to download.

Is this the one that fixes the timer recordings?
    amongst other things, yes.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bobi (11-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Finaly :-)
    This is good image indeed :-) the drivers have been working good for me, but now i have been testing the 4D image for some days.

cheers

bobi

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,247 Posts
    Are the 13/09 drivers included in build 739 for the non-nano TM images?

Reportedly
    1. Fixed HDMI multi channel audio codec downmix issue
    2. Fixed Youtube
    3. Deleted REC, tuner icon during recording at standby mode
    4. Improved DVB-S2 QPSK scan functioning
    5. Improved smart card driver (for Nagra S02 Card)
    6. Improved dvbca for scam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I've been using Vix 735 image for a week and I had two failed single timer recordings.
    Previously I was using Vix 734 and had no issues with recordings.

Edit: When I mean failed it recorded the first 7 minutes and then the rest was blank which used to happen with the old Kernal.
    Last edited by mkhan; 21-09-13 at 18:54.

Title
    Thanks
    After not being able to use my technomate tm2t to record for months I switched to 4d image which allows this function no problem, however I like the vix image a lot better. Can someone confirm that the new image TOTALLY stops the recording issues.

Cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstof View Post
    After not being able to use my technomate tm2t to record for months I switched to 4d image which allows this function no problem, however I like the vix image a lot better. Can someone confirm that the new image TOTALLY stops the recording issues.

Cheers
    It's nothing at all to do with the image and never was, it's all down to the drivers and kernel as provided by Technomate and yes the latest images ( 736 upwards ) contain the new drivers and kernel which fix the recording issues.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhan View Post
    I've been using Vix 735 image for a week and I had two failed single timer recordings.
    Previously I was using Vix 734 and had no issues with recordings.

Edit: When I mean failed it recorded the first 7 minutes and then the rest was blank which used to happen with the old Kernal.
    Not seen a missed recoring yet with new drivers. Anyone else?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RL73 For This Useful Post:

Lstof (24-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    For me, the recording capability of the TM-TWIN was so temperamental in the past that I unfortunately had to almost completely stop using it.

Since the update, I have been able to rely on the receiver again and have not had a failed recording. The VIX guys have been saying it all along; driver and kernel. I can now happily schedule recordings from the EPG (even multiple timers which start simultaneously) and so far I have not had a problem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cokebottles For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I've changed back to the vix image from 4d and can comment that all is good, haven't had 1 fail when recording.... Happy days!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Single timer recordings on Star Plus HD channel on some programming in the evening tends to fail to record most of the time. Programs at this time record for about 7 minutes and the the rest is blank. I've only ever noticed it on this channel for some reason and the issue is still around on all images to present since the recording fix.

It's not a sever issue as I've checked, there seem to be a bug somewhere in the drivers I think.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,247 Posts
    My Mrs has Big Boss series 7 on a timer. Has not missed a recording since the fix. (Excluding my hardware fault which results in a lockup.) Your issue may lay elsewhere. Try watching two encrypted channels together, one on webif/mobile and see if you get a problem. The recording issue usually resulted in a blank recording with no length.

Title
    Thanks
    The program your referring to is broadcasted on another channel. I have a recording issue with the 8pm and 10.30 pm programs on Star plus HD these two programs tend not to record most often. If I put a single timer recording for them it results in a recording length of 7 minutes and then the rest is blank although the display show the full duration of the recording. Before the recording fix I used to get this issue with recordings from other channels or didn't record at all.

I having to place timer recordings for them on the SD channel instead for the Mrs.

Title
    Thanks
    Out of interest has the vix drivers changed last month or so? I noticed recordings started going iffy so went back to older 4d image august time one, also notice it was oscam not working so good on them so use cccam, only problem there get glitching on some channels with that due to servers needing csp update. To be honest tm twin is a bit of a nightmare box my spark triple tuner box does destroy it on stability wise shame because its such a fast box.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is no such thing as ViX drivers, we only use what TM provide good or bad, personally i have not had any issues with any of my three TM's in months since TM fixed the last batch of issues in their drivers / kernel.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Out of interest has the vix drivers changed last month or so? I noticed recordings started going iffy so went back to older 4d image august time one, also notice it was oscam not working so good on them so use cccam, only problem there get glitching on some channels with that due to servers needing csp update. To be honest tm twin is a bit of a nightmare box my spark triple tuner box does destroy it on stability wise shame because its such a fast box.
    I'd suggest you answered your own question & re-read the site rules.
    If recordings wern't working again using legit subs, you can be damn sure we'd be seeing lots of complaints, so far we're not...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (17-12-13),Sicilian (17-12-13)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast