Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck At First Flash

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    Ha your right there, I was up till 5 am though. OK I was watching the fight but the missus didn't see it like that, she wants to start a Vu+ widows club.

As to which usb sticks didn't work, I used 2 different SanDisk models. The one that worked was a Medion 8gb from Aldi which worked like a beautie.

So do I get the longest flash so far award ? 14 hours I think it was. Also I would just like to say that white is the new black as far as remotes go.
    I like the remote it feels nice in the hand and is good quality. I've just gotta stop my 2 year old getting hold of it and giving it a jam coating.

Cheers all
    Agree about the widows stuff & another thing my kids have sussed how to work it so im left reading the paper again!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    Agree about the widows stuff & another thing my kids have sussed how to work it so im left reading the paper again!
    Good they are giving the time to do it
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I had the same problem and it took 3 goes to get one to work ,problem is its not my flash drive so i need to get one,is there a list of ones that work?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 216 Posts

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Just like to toss a possible cause that some may experience if seeing just the splash screen..... If the receiver is not set to the bird dish is pointing too or channel is encrypted then the screen will stay locked on the splash maybe givin the impression its frozen. A good thing to get used to do is watching your lcd panel on the front of the box as a way of checking its progress. Also if after a while of no pictures apart from splash and after spinner has stopped maybe press your menu button to see if the menu pops up, then you can go about checking your install. Oh and also another good practice is before you flash a new image make sure your VU+ is tuned to a fta channel as by default the receiver reboots to the last channel seen. These are silly things over time i have learnt but have saved me hours of problem solving in the past.

regards
    satmanbasil

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satmanbasil For This Useful Post:

micscave (16-05-10)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
    I had the same problem and it took 3 goes to get one to work ,problem is its not my flash drive so i need to get one,is there a list of ones that work?
    I used the play.com branded one 16GB, it worked a treat, and cheap as well. The only thing is it was bought 3 months ago and they may have changed the supplier.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    Thanks for that ,don't want to keep buying flash drives to get one that works.

Title
    Thanks
    i have loads of them problem is most are cheap unbranded 1gb, but i assume this means nothing as sandisk are pretty good, the problem may lie in the fact most usb pens are not what they appear the market place is flooded in knock offs i had four different model sony stick flash all knock offs but looked kosher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12