Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Logitech harmony remote, works great with the VU+ Duo

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Made up my mind.
    that is identical to my 555 which i think is rubbish btw amongst many problems is the buttons are way too small, i paid £75 for mine from Richers about 2 stretch ago.

how much the 515 mate?

just downloaded the latest firmware gunna see if i can get it to work properly with the Duo now, i threw the 555 to one side about 5 months ago and not used it since, been using the Duo original well it does ok for me.

regards: canthackit
    Last edited by canthackit; 22-09-10 at 13:33.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canthackit View Post
    that is identical to my 555 which i think is rubbish btw amongst many problems is the buttons are way too small, i paid £75 for mine from Richers about 2 stretch ago.

how much the 515 mate?

just downloaded the latest firmware gunna see if i can get it to work properly with the Duo now, i threw the 555 to one side about 5 months ago and not used it since, been using the Duo original well it does ok for me.

That picture monty posted is the 515 iirc...

By looking at the pics of the 555, it looks virtually the same as the 525 that I just bought (which I think looks just like the 515).

Only reason for wanting one, is to do away with all the different remotes...

Taking a bit of getting used to... Gonna have to customise the buttons a bit as well. Putting the toggle power button on the 3rd page as default is bit a bit silly imo
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ pooface

i must say that since the update it does work a lot better than it did, but as you say it does need some tweaking, would appriciate it if you can work out a way to enable the "guide button" to do "bouquets" and the "sound" button to do "audio" i've been trying with out success particularly the sound button.

atm the "guide button" does audio and the sound button annoyingly list "activities" and if you aint looking at the display it can get you in all sorts of bother.

Title
    Thanks
    would appriciate it if you can work out a way to enable the "guide button" to do "bouquets" and the "sound" button to do "audio" i've been trying with out success particularly the sound button.
    Go into the Harmony Remote Software & click on Customize Buttons in the activity you normally use. You can change any Harmony button to any VU+ button here.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i was doing that mate, but it transpired not properly.

now got "audio" on "guide" and short "epg" on "info" it's looking good nothing like the delay problems i had with my DB800.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i was doing that mate, but it transpired not properly.

now got "audio" on "guide" and short "epg" on "info" it's looking good nothing like the delay problems i had with my DB800.

I am finding that it's not quite as responsive as the vu duo remote...

E.g. To get a 0 number on the screen (e.g. when renaming things), I press the 0 button 7 times, to get "-", I press 0 key 8 times, etc... Well, with the harmony, I set the time delay to 0, and it still doesn't always work properly... Moving up/down, I know that I have to press the down arrow 4 times. Do this with the duo remote, it gets there everytime. With the harmony, it doesn't...

Guess it'll just take time to get used to...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    what can this logitech remote do which a normal vu duo remote cant? how is it better? or what other advantages does it have than the normal remote?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Basically, these remotes are used, as they control more than just the vu duo... You can use them to replace, e.g. 4remotes in the house... I Have mine controlling the tv, dvd recorder/player, and vu duo... Personally, I prefer each individual remote, but as a general, this is much easier/better....
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

steford
    Is anyone experiencing the same issues as me - with both the Harmony 525 (used as a test) and my main Home Theater (sic) Master M500 I get buttons that work once then don't. For example I can press red to get into a menu then, if it's red to exit, the red button won't work. A workaround is to press any other button then red - and it always works. This is also the case for switching the unit on. Occasionally the power button won't bring it up - hitting enter then power works. Most annoyingly getting the 2nd info bar never works on a 2nd "OK" key press. It's almost like a preceding button press changes the code sent on the actual button although I've tried learning multiple codes as a test without success, or a cache is cleared or something. Had this on the DE and now the Vix image. Any thoughts?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, it could be usefull for somebody.
    I am using Logitech Harmony 300I and it' working fine with Duo, DM7020, DVD player and Panny TV (all models checked before in Harmony webpage)
    Bye

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pitere For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-10-10)

steford
    Quote Originally Posted by steford View Post
    Is anyone experiencing the same issues as me - with both the Harmony 525 (used as a test) and my main Home Theater (sic) Master M500 I get buttons that work once then don't. For example I can press red to get into a menu then, if it's red to exit, the red button won't work. A workaround is to press any other button then red - and it always works. This is also the case for switching the unit on. Occasionally the power button won't bring it up - hitting enter then power works. Most annoyingly getting the 2nd info bar never works on a 2nd "OK" key press. It's almost like a preceding button press changes the code sent on the actual button although I've tried learning multiple codes as a test without success, or a cache is cleared or something. Had this on the DE and now the Vix image. Any thoughts?
    Any thoughts at all on this as the various niggles are causing my wife to revert back to the original remote meaning 2 remotes on the settee which simply won't do :-(
    Issues remain re repeat key presses which can be cleared by pressing an unrelated and unused button eg to power on I can press up then power for example. This becomes more problematic during FFW for example. I do have a Harmony to experiment with but this showed the same issues last time - I even used it to teach my Home Theatre Master to see if it helped - it didn't! Are all Harmony owners experiencing perfect remote control with their devices? Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I wouldn't say the harmony remote is perfect... Still no way that I've seen of getting a long button press Plus, no matter if I set the delay to the lowest (pretty sure I put it at 0, but can't say I'm 100% sure ), then I still get a bit of a delay when pressing the buttons. i.e. I would press down 5 times to get to a certain channel, and it will only have registered 4 of them...

My advice though steford, would be to try changing the delay and seeing if that works for you?!
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

steford
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    I wouldn't say the harmony remote is perfect... Still no way that I've seen of getting a long button press Plus, no matter if I set the delay to the lowest (pretty sure I put it at 0, but can't say I'm 100% sure ), then I still get a bit of a delay when pressing the buttons. i.e. I would press down 5 times to get to a certain channel, and it will only have registered 4 of them...

My advice though steford, would be to try changing the delay and seeing if that works for you?!
    What does delay do exactly on a Harmony? Is it going to change anything if I change delay on Harmony then learn the commands from my other remote. Is the delay simply the delay between press and signal or something else eg the speed of the IR signal?

Thanks for any further info.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm still not sure that anyone has made it clear wether the 'Long press' does infact work on the harmony can anyone confirm this?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopstroops View Post
    I'm still not sure that anyone has made it clear wether the 'Long press' does infact work on the harmony can anyone confirm this?
    Off the top of my head, I dont think it does.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Hoopstroops (18-11-10)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast