Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Random Crashes VIX 2.3

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edogg View Post
    my duo crashed again this morning after scanning through the epg and selecting men+motors then pressing blue and crossepg downloader the epg started and immediately the duo went to the loading page it restarted with no soun and was unresponsive to the remote
    the ref is 1333190465.43
    How many epg sources do you have selected and where is it stored?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    How many epg sources do you have selected and where is it stored?
    I only have 1 epg source and it is stored on a usb stick to which i have applied the fix to prevent it being put to sleep I think the problem is related to the remote key press buffer as the crashes and freezing are after a certain amount of key presses

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I had similar problem described in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...light=mateoosh

maybe yours are related to this "time wrap" issue as well ?

I was unable to sort it out on my STB and finally moved to VTI, which works (sad to say) far more stable, even using buggy HD-Glass skin.

VTI lacks lot of useful functions comparing to VIX, but finally I don't have to check if my box crashed during record, standby etc.

Anyway I love VIX and for sure will return when all the issues will be resolved.
    VU+ Duo + VIX 2.3 , DreamBox DM500 HD iCVS + GeminiProject III , Opticum 9500 HD + NaFan Enigma 3.0

Title
    Thanks

froze after epg update

This morning after the automatic epg update the duo had no sound and was unresponsive to the remote I had to reboot from the mains to get sound and control back

Title
    Thanks
    I also experience many of the issues in this thread on my Duo.

1.) The EPG crashes every other day. I have one source set (OpenTV) and scheduled to download at 4am. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I have to manually re-download. EPG is stored on USB.

2.) Every now and again the box will crash. This will usually happen when powering on from standby and something is recording. Only way out is to reboot.

3.) Sometimes the box is unresponsive to the remote. The only way to get it working is a hard reboot.

4.) Sometimes when powering on from standby a channel will have no sound. If I then change channel it comes back.

Despite all these problems I'm sticking with VIX, frankly because its still the best image regardless of the recent issues. And even though the missus is chewing my ear off about the problems!

Keep up the good work VIX team... I'm hoping for a new improved version soon!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Which OpenTV source are you using? & are you sure it's the only one downloading?

Title
    Thanks

Angry Still getting crashes

Hi,
    My crashes mostly occur when watching a recording and something starts to record via timer. This will happen when using internal HDD or NAS for both playback and recording. Will someone PLEASE tell me what's wrong!
    Logs attached...
    Enigma2-01-04-2012_22-09-20.log
    Enigma2-02-04-2012_21-58-01.log
    Enigma2-31-03-2012_20-01-03.log

Cheers,
    Gavin
    JVC DLA-HD350 - Home Cinema Bros. Anamorphic lens - 106" 2.35:1 screen - Lumagen 3D Scaler - Marantz AV7005 - ADA MPA501 - Rotel RB985 THX - OPPO BDP-103 - Mission 753, 77C, 773, 77DS - BK XXLS400 - VU+ Duo

Title
    Thanks
    Mine crashed again, for the second time it has taken 7 days to crash.

I think the box needs a reboot if there is some sort of memory leak.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Setting my box to do a full reboot every morning eliminated most of the VIX 2.3 crashes for me.
    Menu/Setup/VIX/Power Manager

Other than that, if you have too much or corrupt EPG being processed, it will also crash the box.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Setting my box to do a full reboot every morning eliminated most of the VIX 2.3 crashes for me.

Other than that, if you have too much or corrupt EPG being processed, it will also crash the box.
    That is what I am going to setup, daily reboot. Always had a single epg and no other plugins now all running off HD

Title
    Thanks
    Which OpenTV source are you using? & are you sure it's the only one downloading?
    Only one for 28.2.

I presume before the EPG is due to download?

I'll try setting it up and see how it goes.

Title
    Thanks
    I always start my box every morning as I don't leave anything on standby I can't afford the electricity it costs

Title
    Thanks
    last night while i was watching a recording my granddaughter pressed the blue button and the duo started from the loading screen and the this morning while i was watching a recording the duo became unresponsive to the remote no logs were generated

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dymebox View Post
    I also experience many of the issues in this thread on my Duo.

1.) The EPG crashes every other day. I have one source set (OpenTV) and scheduled to download at 4am. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I have to manually re-download. EPG is stored on USB.

2.) Every now and again the box will crash. This will usually happen when powering on from standby and something is recording. Only way out is to reboot.

3.) Sometimes the box is unresponsive to the remote. The only way to get it working is a hard reboot.

4.) Sometimes when powering on from standby a channel will have no sound. If I then change channel it comes back.

Despite all these problems I'm sticking with VIX, frankly because its still the best image regardless of the recent issues. And even though the missus is chewing my ear off about the problems!

Keep up the good work VIX team... I'm hoping for a new improved version soon!
    Experiencing the exact same issues, only noticed it about a month or so ago but never really thought much of it. Used to use rytec for epg stored on internal memory but now switched to opentv downloading only 28.2 as im on fixed dish to hdd. Need to dig out a spare usb I think... Also will set Duo to reboot once a day I think see if that stops the problem. The thing with that is EPG is set to download at 4am so if I reboot I have to force epg reload?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Bally...Set the reboot to occur before EPG download?

I've experienced Edogg's problem and numbers 2-4 of Dymebox's and I've posted numerous crash logs in this post and sent them in direct from the box.

The thing that bothers me about this post is various people are having various problems, but I'm not seeing much mention of fixes....

Cheers,
    Gavin
    JVC DLA-HD350 - Home Cinema Bros. Anamorphic lens - 106" 2.35:1 screen - Lumagen 3D Scaler - Marantz AV7005 - ADA MPA501 - Rotel RB985 THX - OPPO BDP-103 - Mission 753, 77C, 773, 77DS - BK XXLS400 - VU+ Duo

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast