Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ duo stream your box via Internet from anywhere in the world

Title
    Thanks
    this is driving me mad lol maybe im not adding something to the .hosts file in vlc dunno
    Last edited by can7; 04-01-12 at 19:51.

Title
    Thanks
    do i need to enable openvpn on the vu+ ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post
    do i need to enable openvpn on the vu+ ?
    No this isnt needed, if you can view you bouquets then it must be a problem with the VLC settings

Title
    Thanks
    /sdcard/picons in your dreamstreamoid settings

[QUOTE=DJS;106305]
    Quote Originally Posted by cboy View Post
    dreamstreamoid is very good as you can see an epg and also your picons twin tuner support on the non tablet version , set recordings up, but androidreamer is just easy to use and setup and hopefully the paid version with have all the benefits of dreamstreamoid when it gets released

Just downloaded DreamStreamoid, (couldnt wait if it shows epg and picons), but cant get it to find them on my phone lol, need to play a bit more. I will see if I can connect using my VPN

Title
    Thanks
    can7 what android app are u using?
    and you shouldnt be adding anything in the host file you just unbash the # *un-bash* = remove

Title
    Thanks
    /sdcard/picons in your dreamstreamoid settings
    Tried that, i also tried mnt/sdcard/picon

Title
    Thanks
    can7 what android app are u using?
    and you shouldnt be adding anything in the host file you just unbash the # *un-bash* = remove
    using androiddreamer and i can only view the bouquets through my wireless cant view them on 3g.all i did on the host file was remove the # that was before 192.168.0.0/16

Title
    Thanks
    if your internal ip is out of range of /16 increase it say 192.168.1.120 then u would change it to say 192.168.1.0/120

and it also seems u havnt forwarded the right ports if you cant access it from outside your network

f) if you selected "VLC (HTTP-Dyn-IP)" for streaming remotely using HTTP, then make first sure you have set up portforwarding correctly in your router. Using the sample-ports shown in General Settings and VLC-settings:
    -Dreambox Port (normally TCP 80) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your Dreambox * change this to the port of your vu duo*
    -VLC HTTP Port (normally TCP 8080) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server = pc running vlc *leave as is*
    -VLC FLV Port (normally TCP 8001) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server = pc running vlc *leave as is*

also have you set up inadyn on your duo?
    menu/system/setup/network/inadyn and input your dyndns credentials in there
    Last edited by cboy; 04-01-12 at 20:47.

Title
    Thanks
    For HTTP-mode, you probably must also remove the hash sign in front of 0.0.0.0/0. Save the file = copied from website help

Title
    Thanks
    if your internal ip is out of range of /16 increase it say 192.168.1.120 then u would change it to say 192.168.1.0/120

and it also seems u havnt forwarded the right ports if you cant access it from outside your network

f) if you selected "VLC (HTTP-Dyn-IP)" for streaming remotely using HTTP, then make first sure you have set up portforwarding correctly in your router. Using the sample-ports shown in General Settings and VLC-settings:
    -Dreambox Port (normally TCP 80) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your Dreambox * change this to the port of your vu duo*
    -VLC HTTP Port (normally TCP 8080) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server = pc running vlc *leave as is*
    -VLC FLV Port (normally TCP 8001) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server = pc running vlc *leave as is*

also have you set up inadyn on your duo?
    menu/system/setup/network/inadyn and input your dyndns credentials in there
    I havent set inadyn on mu duo and mine is working fine.

I think Can7 is using VPN so only 1723 needs forwarded

192.168.0.0/ means that you open the Range 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Title
    Thanks
    ive done all the above double checked ports and all still cant access the bouqets
    getting error connecting to server
    org.apache.http.conn.
    connectimeoutexception: connect to /86.x.x.x:80 timed out
    the /86.x.x.x:80 is my isp ip address when i go to www.showmyip.com

Title
    Thanks
    I THOUGHT U HAD A DYNDNS?
    sorry capps off dodgy keyboard and fat fingers lol
    in general settings the top line ip should be your internal addy i.e. 192.168.1.100 or whatever your vu duo is
    second line enter your dyndns

in the vlc settings enter the internal ip = 192.168.123 of the machine running vlc as web interface

Title
    Thanks
    I THOUGHT U HAD A DYNDNS?
    sorry capps off dodgy keyboard and fat fingers lol
    in general settings the top line ip should be your internal addy i.e. 192.168.1.100 or whatever your vu duo is
    second line enter your dyndns

in the vlc settings enter the internal ip = 192.168.123 of the machine running vlc as web interface
    i do have a no-ip dns i have no idea why my ip is flashing up and i have it setup exactly that way

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post
    i do have a no-ip dns i have no idea why my ip is flashing up and i have it setup exactly that way
    What program are you using to update your dynamic dns or are you using your router settings ? It looks like you no-ip address hasnt been synced with your dynamic dns

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    What program are you using to update your dynamic dns or are you using your router settings ? It looks like you no-ip address hasnt been synced with your dynamic dns
    using the program from no-ip DUC is says its updated btw just wondering are you using the latest vix image ? Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011
    thats the one im using

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast