Hi everyone. I like listening to various radio channels on Astra 28.2E. One of my favourites is Gold Radio on 11553 H or 11552 H, 22000, FEC 2/3.
About 10 days ago, Gold gave me "Tune Failed" on my VU+ Duo. I checked Lyngsat in case the frequency had changed and it hadn't. When I click on the channel it is showing me the correct frequency but FEC 5/6.
I tried scanning the frequency manually using 2/3 but it isn't picking anything up on that frequency.
So I downloaded a new satellites.xml from satellites-xml.org.
Dreambox Edit shows the folder for the satellites.xml file as
\etc\tuxbox\
Apparently it can/should also be added to \var\tuxbox\ and \etc\enigma2\
I used FTP to copy the new satellites.xml from my PC to the VU+ box, then used DreamboxEdit to Restart Enigma, but it is still showing FEC 5/6 and still no Gold Radio.

\var\tuxbox\ ... opens etc\tuxbox when I use ftp
\etc\tuxbox\ has the new satellites.xml
\etc\ has the new satellites.xml
\etc\enigma2\ has the new satellites.xml

However, the "new"satellites.xml file shows that particular frequency as
<transponder frequency="11553000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" system="0" modulation="1" />
I know that polarization "0" is Horizontal, but fec_inner=4 is incorrect - it should be fec_inner=2 for FEC 2/3.
I don't know whether the system="0" and/or modulation="1" needs to be changed.

Any ideas on how I can get my Gold Radio back ? Should I change that line in the xml to fec_inner=2 and upload it via FTP to the box ? Any other ideas on how to fix the problem ?