Hi all, Joined the forum recently to seek advice from the knowledgeable members of the satellite TV section. The more I explore the forum the better I'm understanding its layout and discovering it goes far beyond satellite technology.
I'm posting to this section hoping someone may be able to enlighten me about a situation that has arisen with my newly purchased smart TV. My wife and I tend not to purchase new technology at the drop of a hat and so relied on our good old 37" Panasonic for the best part of 15 years. Nothing wrong with it but decided to treat ourselves and so went out and purchased a 50" Hisense with QLED screen. I thought the Panasonic was a good old TV but this thing is amazing and less than half the price the Panasonic cost in 2014.
The other big change in our TV lives was to dump Sky Q and purchase a satellite receiver, the main reason for joining this forum. From a knowledge point of view, satellite receivers are something new to me but over the years I've become knowledgeable with computers and more recently phones. Playing with the TV for the first time, therefor, was not an issue and I soon found my way around. Having said that I do seem to have created a problem that I've not been able to resolve. I wanted to make sure this new TV operated correctly when using an aerial just in case there was an issue when my new receiver arrives. I connected the aerial went into settings, channels and auto scan at which point it asks for choice of Aerial, Satellite and a third option, possibly cable. It also asked for the region. Having filled in the required boxes the set carried on doing its job and scanned for all the channels and once finished the screen showed FreeviewPlay, an app that is already on the remote. Happy that the aerial did its job I disconnected it and went back to Sky Q. I've since discovered that if I press the FreeviewPlay app on the remote the program defaults to aerial rather than an internet service. I've searched around settings but come up with nothing other than doing a re-scan. All the other apps continue to work as internet services.
Look forward to any suggestions.