So, it seems my better half doesn't particularly like the user experience with the android TV Kodi I am using as a client box in our den. It is a little different to navigate around and she would prefer it if the behaviour mirrored the receiver in the living room. Fair enough, we aim to please.

Yesterday I tried client mode on an old Vu+ Duo long since pensioned off. As soon as I enabled client mode the box crashed and continued to crash on every boot. In hindsight I think it might have been wise to at least factory reset it before trying this, but too late now. So, not knowing what is the latest openvix version I can run on this box (or how to get it) I decided to try openATV 7.3. The receiver flashed with no issues and appears to run fine, but I can't find any client mode with this image. Googled around for a while and have got a working solution by disabling the tuners on the duo and setting up fallback tuner pointing at the main receiver. I installed remote channel streamconverter plugin and this synchronises the bouquets from the main receiver. All works well apart from there is no epg data.

How do I synchronise the epg from the main server box? I understand client mode handles the epg as well as bouquets, but it appears to be unavailable on openATV.