I just upgraded to OpenVix 6.2 from 5.4 (a bit late to the party, I know), however following the upgrade I haven't been able to get SAMBA to work. It's installed and is set to Autostart, but its never on and I'm at a loss what to do, to get it to work.

I've search a few posts on the forum and have followed what was listed here:
Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
Finally.... yes! Solved. Really THANKS to all of you, following your suggestion going on via telnet this problem was solved.
This is EXACTLY what I done step-by-step to update from 5.3.039 to 5.4.001.
1) Blue > Vix > Image manager > Yellow (Downloads).
2) After downloading, installing and rebooting, at Welcome message I restored my settings.
3) Having restored, network was just configured. So, from telnet (PUTTY) I choose my new Openvix password (mandatory, as you said, from this version), then I typed "opkg update", all packages was updated successfully.
4) Menu > Setup > Network > Utilities > Samba: I installed this service, too.
5) After reboot, again Menu > Setup > Network > Utilities > Samba, and I checked both options:
Autostart = Enabled, Current status = Running.
After all these steps Samba was running and the box was finally recognized from Windows like in previous Openvix versions.
Hope this could help other users. Thank you very much for all your support. I believe that support (not only image quality) is one of the strongest point of Openvix. Other images are good, but support is often so poor.... I just trashed more than one image for this. Here it is different: image is GREAT, and support is GREAT too. Thanks!
However the above still doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if anybody has any other ideas?

To confirm, I have set a Network password for my box and can access the web interface of my work using a browser.