Hi everyone,

Finally receiver by Gigablue UHD UE this week and went to install it earlier on. Unfortunately, I've run into issues almost straight away and I'm not 100% sure if it's all down to user error or some hardware issue (either fault with the equipment or problem at the dish end). As the family are now wanting to watch something on Disney+ I'm coming here for a sense check/advice before I resume trying to get things to work again tomorrow morning.

So, I was using a Humax HDR-1100s, connected to a Sky minidish, which died. After advice on here and another forum I decided to go for an Enigma 2 receiver.

While the ultimate plan is to put the receiver in the loft and present it to Plex to use its tuners, today my aim was to get the box setup plugged in in the lounge where I've got a display to connect it to.

I replaced the old quad LNB with a GT-Sat GT-S2DCSS24 and connected one of the ends of the existing cable run to the SCR/dCSS output.

I set up the Gigablue on top of my TV bench and connected everything up. I connected one of the ends to the tuner A input, expecting that at worst I'd have to swap the ends over. After setting up the obvious stuff (video signal, network etc) we get to setting up the tuner. I can't remember what I selected first time through but I've since done a factory reset and made sure I was on Simple configuration, Single mode, 28.2E for satellite and No for send DiSEqC.

However, no matter which end of the cable in the lounge is connected or if I have them both connected (so one to input A and one to B), the box isn't picking up anything at all. I've tried scanning specifically on 28.2 and even a blind scan. As far as the box appears to be concerned, it's not connected to anything.

I went back up my ladder to check the connection on the LNB and that seems ok as far as I can tell but my first step in the morning is going to be swapping the end of the cable over.

However, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what my best options are for the next trouble-shooting steps... I suppose I can try connecting the legacy outputs of the new LNB but after that the only other thing I can think of is putting the old LNB back on the dish and seeing what happens there...

As far as I'm aware I didn't move the dish out of position while swapping the LNB collars over so that I could use the new LNB and I would have thought I'd be more likely to have moved things so that the signal wasn't as strong rather than get nothing at all.

Does it sound like I've missed anything obvious this far, or is there something else I should try before I start climbing back up the ladder?