Hi everyone.

I'm a noob with OpenVIX on my new VU+ 4K SE box, and really enjoying it, but still getting set up. I am IT savvy, but there are some things I still don't really understand and I don't know where to start.

My box has both terrestrial and satellite tuners, and I have also managed to set up IPTV channels. I managed to convert the famous Suls plugin from Python 2 to Python 3 and get it to work with the provider's URLs, and I organised the channels into bouquets how I want. I also have the EPG working for most IP channels.

Now I notice there is EPGImporter and I have seen CrossEPG somewhere in the menus/plugins and I saw XMLTV mentioned too. What are the difference between these? Which ones should I use for terrestrial/satellite and IPTV services? Can/should I be using more than one? Do they interfere with each other? I think I want to continue with the EPG derived from the XML file from the IPTV provider for my IP channels, and for FreeSat I think I want to pull the EPG over the air. I saw some guides, but I am confused with the different plugins.

With the EPG seemingly working, I can see all program Titles and Descriptions on most channels. However, the AutoTimer feature never turns up any results with any program name on any [IP] channel. I fiddled with the expert AutoTimer settings, and found that only when I tell it to search description (rather than title), then it returns results. I looked into the XML of the EPG and saw <title> and <description> elements correctly set. I read about people compiling the EPGImporter, but I don't know what to do.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Dave