I'm trying to understand the various components before switching from sky. At the minute, I have a Sky dish with quad output.

I am hoping to switch to Gigablue UHD UE 4K for my main box. This has 2 sat inputs but 8 tuners/demodulators. I've read up on how to assign them to input etc.
My understanding which may need correcting:
All channels hit the satellite dish and the lnb. Previously (pre-unicable), each wire carried 1 quadrant of the signals down the cable to the box (high/low, vertical/horizontal). Each of these quadrants consist of multiple transponder frequencies. [Maybe it's only all channels on the 1 transponder frequency that are all sent down?]
When switching channels, the sat receiver box looks up the corresponding transponder frequency for a channel and the sends a signal to the lnb to send the corresponding quadrant of channels/specific transponder frequency of channels?

Unicable 1 sent 4 of these (quadrants or transponder frequencies?).
Unicable 2 sends 32 of these.

If I had a sat box like the gigablue uhd ue(2 physical inputs/8 tuners/modulators), then each of these tuners decodes a unique transponder frequency. Which means if FTA KU sat channels come in 4 quadrants, then 4 tuners/demodulators would be enough to decode all quadrants and thus record multiple channels from the output of each tuner/demodulator. All channels from 1 transponder frequency would be decoded by a single tuner/demodulator at once so the box could in theory record all channels from that one transponder frequency at the same time.

Is this correct?
Does the existing sky(non Q) lnb send a single quadrant of channels or a single transponder frequency of channels?
Does unicable 2 send (up to) 32 quadrant of channels or (up to) 32 transponder frequency of channels?
Does each demodulator on the gigablue box decode all channels on a transponder frequency or just the single channel requested. e.g. If i record BBC1 HD, does the tuner just find and decode that single channel or does it decode all the channels on that transponder frequency and then just send the decoded BBC1 HD to whatever record process is running?

Thanks in advance for answers.