Why recordings stop at EPG boundaries?!

It looks like the recorder is trying hard to find every possible pretext to spoil a recording.

This is absolutely maddening, no matter what I try, recordings almost always fail, except in the rare cases when the recorder does what is supposed to do, but these successful cases seem to be so rare that they are almost irreproducible reliably*).
Even without a timer, once the broadcast reaches an EPG boundary, the picture freezes. When a recording is being made, it stops and the recorder records only emptiness hereafter.
Even when I initiate an indefinite recording, obviously, it does not do what it is supposed to do, i.e., recording indefinitely; instead, it always hangs at EPG boundaries, regardless of any set margins. If there is a margin set before the recording, it starts recording, but when the programme itself is to begin according to the EPG, it everything goes awry, the picture freezes, everything hangs, the recording is hereafter blank, the timer and the recording needs to be stopped and the channel tuned into, usually by putting the recording to standby and waking it up; if the recording is not stopped, the channel cannot be tuned into, probably because a blank recording is going on. Obviously, this is so complicated and time-consuming that by the time one goes through all the hoops, the programme itself has started, and it beginning is missed. On the other hand, if it lags behind its EPG, the end of the recording is cut off in the came manner: the picture is frozen, the recoding is hereafter blank. This could probably be mended by editing a live timer, but I prefer not to touch the ending boundary because OpenViX is so buggy that it usually crashes there, which spoils the recording immediately.

*) It seems that if I set the timer not to check for conflicts and to do nothing after it ends, it does not end the recording at its EPG boundary. If it is set to "auto" and given an opportunity to detect anything, such a a timer conflict, it apparently takes advantage of it and spoils the recording.

Is there an easy way to disable all EPG?
Or is there a sure set of settings that disables all this smart insidiousness and does what it is supposed to do in an obtuse manner, even if I have to babysit the recording, manually starting it and stopping it, without all the nuisance timers?

Is the CAM getting in the way in such an obnoxious manner??