Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
As has already been said, use a switch, this will effectively increase the number of ethernet ports you can connect to your router.

Maybe post a simple diagram of what you've currently got.
You dont seem to understand that a switch is not required. I dont need more ports for my router. The receiver is is my parents bedroom. Currently there is a lan cable going from where the receiver is to the router. However i am getting virgin installed soon and the virgin HUB will be situated in my parents room because that is where the virgin cable is sitting. I cant move that cable anywhere because its already pinned against the wall. So i plan to use this cable i now have from the hub into the router. (making the hub modem only mode)

I cant add any more wires because the router is in a diff room and there is a cupboard now blocking that hole we have made.

I ideally do not want a homeplug because we have already hidden all the wires and i dont want to make more.

That is why i am asking if there is any compatible wifi dongle that can be used with these receivers. There are a bunch of wifi drivers that are available on VIX but i have no idea which dongle these products are.
So does anyone here use a wifi dongle to connect to the network?