Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Finished Timers but recorded files are missing

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Finished Timers but recorded files are missing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Question Finished Timers but recorded files are missing

I opened the EPG on my box and pressed the record button to record EastEnders 2008. I then edited the timer to increase the end time by an hour or so. The timer shows as finished under the timers menu but the file isn't in /media/hdd/movie. All my timers say they are recording to that location. Any idea why it says it's recording and then after it's finished it says the timer is finished yet there's no video in the folder? Webif never gave me a conflicting timers warning when I added the timer.

It's very strange. Some programmes record fine and give me a file and some don't. I'm recording Sky News, BBC News and LBC Radio just now. I can see the files in the /media/hdd/movie folder apart from LBC Radio. So I enabled logs and restarted the box and opened Timers and the LBC timer isn't there, it doesn't say finished or anything, it's just missing.

Log is attached. I can't even see LBC mentioned in the log. I can see EastEnders 2008 however.

Somebody mentioned this before:

Perhaps the number of channel that you can record is simply down to the channels you are selecting? You are using a traditional universal LNB and each output from that LNB can only be set in one of 4 states (Hi-V, Lo-V, Hi-H and Lo-H) so down one cable cable you will only be able to record transponders on, say, Hi-V and any on the other 3 states will be unavailable on that cable/ tuner or anything sourced from that one cable/tuner.
    Any chance that could be the issue? Surely it's wouldn't not record though, surely it would not allow me to record something in the first place if the tuner wasn't able to record it?

Enigma2_debug_2020-10-19_04-30-32.log
    Last edited by SkyFan; 19-10-20 at 04:43.