Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: new GBQUAD4K no longer responding to its remote control handset

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    I've had the same problem. Hold down TV and 0 to reset R/C. R/C will flash once, then a pause and 3 more flashes. After that all should be OK.
    Noted, with thanks. Think I'm running 'OK' now.

Style-over-substance choosing to write GIGA in dark red on a tiny black button that virtually disables the entire system with no warning markers... just saying from the POV of one of the ancients with fading eye-sight.

Fiddling about with the network settings, locked up the box, got logging command line and an imposed reboot. It's happened several times.

I also managed to seize everything up SOLIDLY - apparently just going through some of its menus. That's unreasonable, traversing menus should be buffered. I'm not using a sledgehammer or chainsaw. Nothing budged until I (had to) hit the power (again).

FWIW all my stuff is on multiple UPSs. This box and its OS is a little worrying, it's more unstable than anything that I have recently used. I'm from back in the days of early DOS, dial-up modems with data throughput 'measured' in bauds not Xbps ...well before the arrival of the internet. Sorry but us oldies expect more stability and reliability with our shiny new toys:-)

The system has already asked me to file several logs somewhere but I didn't catch quite where before it ran the enforced reboot. I'd like to help get this stuff developed to be more robust ...with more built-in resilience. My regular LINUX server runs (headlessly) for weeks, hell, months and more without attention other than remotely implementing the occasional upstream patch. The previous hardware I built wasn't opened for years (plural) running 24/7 autonomously.

Sincerely hope the developers are still beavering away on the code. I may have bugs for them.

PostEdit: typo
    Last edited by piran; 11-10-20 at 01:02.