Hi. Hope someone can help with the following problem.

I'm in the UK, Freeview only. OpenViX version 5.3.038, Autotimer version 4.3.2.

My usual autotimer setup is to specify 'Check for uniqueness in Title and Short description'. While many autotimers work as expected, quite a few refuse to find more than a single programme, normally the first.

After many frustrating hours of experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that the failure only occurs in cases where the description is not unique enough to satisfy whatever algorithm is used. For example, a programme with a generic description for all episodes, but with a small variable part specifying the series/episode numbers, or perhaps the episode title.

This conclusion appears to be confirmed when I came across a forum topic from around 5 years ago (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...mer-Uniqueness), which mentions a similarity of around 70%, so presumably the uniqueness has to be over 30% or so to qualify as unique ?

So, can anyone provide a solution to this, please. I noticed that the above forum topic talks about patches to the Autotimer code, but I guess these haven't been implemented for one reason or another.

Many thanks. Looking forward to your replies.