Hello,

I got my Zgemma H7S from WoS in April. Yesterday and today it has started giving some trouble that might be a hardware problem.

Yesterday afternoon I did a reboot and walked away from the box. When I came back to it a few hours later it was still off. I had to try a few times to make it turn on again. Eventually I plugged it out from the wall for a few mins then tried again and it came on.... but about half an hour later the picture got snowy and it shut off by itself. I gave it a while then tried it turn it on again and it did.

It was working ok then for a few hours but last night I put it into standby using the red power button on the remote and now today I got back from work to see it won't respond to me pressing the red power button again to turn it on... there is just 0033 on the display... which was about the time I put it into standby last night. I checked with fresh batteries in the remote so I don't think it's that. I also tried the power button at the front of the box.. tried pressing it, then pressing and holding it in but it doesn't do anything.

At the back of the box there is an orange light flashing where the network cable goes in. I check my router and the Zgemma isn't recognized on the network and I can't ssh into it.

I have had a few situations where it gets stuck on boot and I have to flash a rescue recovery image and then it seems to be fine again but now I'm thinking there might be a hardware fault.

I can try some more things like turning it off and plugging it out for a while or maybe flashing a recovery image again but I don't think I should have to do that?

Recently I installed the Kodi plugin from the repository and yesterday... ffmpeg/exteplayer3 and serviceapp and I had been rebooting the box a few times after making changes to Kodi config files and testing adding my Tv recordings to Kodi. I don't think I was doing anything excessively stressful to the box.

Is there anything else I can try to troubleshoot?

Cheers,

Flex