Interested on thoughts of this especially from anyone in the ViX team. If it is confirmed this is unusual I will setup the box again from scratch.

So I have noticed 3 things lately on the box.

1 - After the box has been up for a while e.g. 1-2 weeks, which isnt that long for a tv STB. The box wont respond to the remote control and outputs no service to the tv, am required to power cycle it. SSH still responsive. The last time thi s occurred, I was looking at the back of the box as I did the power cycle, and noticed constant network activity as well as one of the usb drives been busy, this was obviously unusual especially as the usb drives are only holding archived shows, and not used for recordings, epg etc. So should be idle when the box is idle.
2 - Memory usage is really high, so bear in mind many boxes still have half gig of ram or less, this box right now even right after a reboot is using 759meg of ram, and if I look in 'top' the biggest process listed is enigma2 at around 80meg of ram. Nothing else comes close, so the fact I have memory usage that is unaccounted for is a bit of a warning sign, note this does not include cache usage which has its own counter. This 759meg is userland usage.
3 -There is a unkillable root process called '999999999999999' running, top reports very low ram usage but it is using a moderate amount of cpu, its the sort of filename rogue software has, I tried to search for a binary with this name but doesnt exist on the system. If dev's confirm this process should not be running on a clean vix box I am resetting the configuration.

Info below

Box
Brand & Model: Zgemma H7
Chipset: Broadcom 7251s
Main Memory: 236708 kB free / 1028048 kB total
Box Uptime: 0:09
Software
System OE: OE-Alliance 4.3
Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.013 (2019-12-13)
Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.12 / 20191123