Hello,
Not sure of next steps, advice please.....
Ultimo4k had started to behave oddly over the last week with regards to the 4tb hard disk. For example when going to recordings they were not there and it reverted to the usb stick. This happened a couple of times and a power cycle fixed it. Also a couple of recordings failed saying it could not find device. I figured the hard drive was on its way out so went to swap it out. In device I formation it only showed the usb stick. I powered the box off and took out the hdd. I tried another hdd and it just clicked. Tried the old hdd back in and again it just clicked. I tried the original hdd in a duo2 and it works fine.
Sine then I have been unable to boot the Ultimo4k at all. The power light on the front panel just flashes, mostly nothing on the lcd screen very occasional super quick appearance of the Ultimo4k logo. I tried to power up without any external devices attached and without any hdd but no good. I tried a usb flash but it does not get that far. It does not connect to the internet so can’t putty to it to get logs and nothing appears on screen.
So what I thought was a bad hdd appears to be more. I’m a bit stuck. Thanks for your help.