We recently moved into a new house (Shropshire).

At my previous property, I had a fixed dish fitted with 3 LNBs covering Hotbird, Astra 1 and 2, with dual-feed cables feeding a Freesat TV and and a Technomate 7102 receiver.

Here, I would like to fit a motorised dish to enable me to catch satellites from 5.0W through to around 32.5E. I understand it is better to use a single LNB on motorised dishes but I would like to run dual feeds to the Freesat TV and TM receiver in one room and another set in another room (so an Octo LNB?)

This house has TV wall sockets in several rooms, fed from a loft-fitted powered distribution box with cables within the walls. I'd prefer not to have to chase out new walls and there are solid floors so running cables slightly tricky!

I need advice on how best to cable to the second room, via separate cable/receiver, or a satellite out on the Technomate (if it could use the existing TV cable route, that would be great - can you diplex over TV cabling?). I understand that second receiver may only be able to show a channel from the orientation/transponder selected in the main room.

I reconnected the TM box this evening (so we can watch Terrestrial HD and the recordings we've made - separate post!). It's making a buzzing noise, I think from the PSU/transformer board. Possibly it's on its way out (a shame as I have several cleared/patched European channels available on it), unless this is a simple fix. In this case, I'd probably replace it with a current Linux-based box. Happy though to take recommendations on suitable equipment.

I have been in contact with a local installer but after mulling it over he tells me this isn't really his area of expertise! Plenty of experts here though!