Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Locked in a loop and will not boot. Tried to flash a new image and the same happens!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Locked in a loop and will not boot. Tried to flash a new image and the same happens!

Please excuse my lack of correct terminology, I tried to get into VIX a couple of years ago when I got the box, but failed dismally.
    For a long time my Xtrend ET8500 has failed to pause live TV from time to time and needed rebooting, Particularly if it had been on all day.
    Although I put it into standby at night when I go to bed, recently it has come back on overnight and is running in the morning.
    Today was the same and after watching the BBC news for a while I wanted to rewind the live TV. It refused me so I went to reboot it.
    Hard boot, power off 10 seconds, and back on. Done this hundreds of times and normally puts everything right.
    This time it would part boot, but then come up with a screen of text, apologise for a software error and try to reboot again. This then looped until I powered off again.
    Tried rebooting a couple more times with the same looping result.
    This afternoon I downloaded Openvix-5.1.032.release-et8500_usb.zip and installed it (I have done this a couple of times previously, so was easy to do).
    Went through all the setup, even scanned for channels, then.... boot looping again.
    I took a photo of the screen message, I will try and upload it.
    Any suggestions as to how to fix it would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

PS I have an early start tomorrow so I won't see any replies until later tomorrow. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images