Hello all,

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on which manufacturer builds the most resilient kit? I have purchased three receivers in my life, the second two from the sponsor of this forum. Both of these have not lasted very long in my view:

I purchased a Vu+ Duo in 06/02/2012 for £319. That lasted just over 2 years and 2 months before some components blew. I was able to extend its life by replacing some capacitors (or similar components, i cant remember exactly what) but this in itself seems surprising given that other hardware I own has lasted much longer. I've used the same laptop since 2008!

I then purchased an Xtrend E9500 which has lasted less than 2 years. It failed yesterday and judging by the symptoms and advice here, some components have failed in a similar way to the Vu+. Sure, I could follow the advice of kind people here to replace those components, but the longevity of this kit is still disappointing and in comparison to other stuff around my home, seems uncommonly fragile.

So for my next purchase, I am not interested so much in the capability of the hardware, but in the quality of the build. My only capability requirements are that I need two tuners and space for an internal hard drive.

Any advice will be received gratefully.

thanks you

rev