I have been thinking about replacing my old Venton Unibox as its getting on a bit now and is starting to play up.

I am looking for another receiver to suit my needs. It doesn't have to have all the whistles and bells and doesn't need to be the fastest thing on the market as i only watch TV on it, all the other whistle and bells aren't of any interest to me.

The only thing that concerns me are the battery powered security boards that i know Xtrend have used in the past. Battery failure killed my old 9200, and the grief i had getting the seller to have it repaired made me sell it as soon as i got it back. I vowed never to buy another Xtrend ever again, but i really like the ET8500.

I like the spec of the ET8500 as it ticks all the boxes as i can reconfigure the tuners as i please and i can easily swap the HDD out of my Venton into it. The only thing that puts me off is the possibility that it might have that stupid security board in it.

I intend to buy from one from World of Satellite if i can get confirmation that it doesn't have such a security board. Can anyone confirm if it does indeed have one or if it doesn't.

Thanks