I have a new Octagon SF-4008, delivered this week with 5.0.025 flashed by the board sponsor. It has two dual DVB-S2X tuner modules (i.e. three usable tuners) which i have connected to sundry LNBs via DiSEqC switches, and I've run into a tuner conflict problem.

If I start a recording on a DVB-S/S2 channel, I find I can't then record at the same time from a multistream channel (such as on 5.0 W or 12.5 W) via another tuner. The box displays the multistream channel, but if I try to record it, it pops up a message: "Could not record due to a conflicting timer <programme title>". Conversely, if I record a multistream channel, I can't then record anything else (multistream or otherwise) until it has finished. It doesn't seem to matter which tuner I make the recording from -- the effect is the same, whether it's on the same stream as the channel being recorded, on a different transponder or even on a different satellite. But no conflict arises with plain DVB-S/S2 channels -- I can record those freely from up to three different satellites simultaneously, as you'd expect.

I hit this problem previously with my Vu+ boxes (Duo2 and Solo4K) when using a TBS5925 USB tuner: recording a multistream channel from this tuner would prevent the box from recording anything else. It was suggested at the time that problems existed with the TBS tuner drivers (certainly my boxes ran more slowly when the TBS tuner was attached). So it's disappointing now to find the same rather serious limitation with the Octagon receiver. Wanting to be able to receive two (or more) multistream channels at the same time must be the main reason for choosing this model, so I am sure that other users must have noticed it. Is there a solution?