Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Hi All

System: Nano se m2 plus with twin DVB-S2 tuners.
    HDD: WD Black 1TB Mobile

As far as I can tell, this appears to only affect HD recordings, but every once in a while (say 3-5 times during 60 minutes) a recorded TV show will freeze for approx. 10 seconds before carrying on like nothing ever happened. I tailed the standard enigma log file in /home/root and absolutely nothing is logged when it freezes. If I move the file over to a USB key, I still get the same freezes. They do not occur at the same time in the shows either, for instance if I rewind a bit after a freeze, the same part that froze before will play happily.

Live streams do not stutter in this way at all, only when they are played back as a recording.

It would appear that I can stream the recordings to my Kodi PVR client without any freezes so far, though have not been able to any do particularly thorough testing as of yet. This is my current workaround.

I get the same issue on OpenVIX, OpenATV and OpenPLI.

Anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by nirvy; 30-11-16 at 20:30.